Escilatopram 01-11-2021

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

My story begins like this:

two and a half years ago, pain began in the muscles of the hands. in the next 7-8 months, an Orthopedist, rheumatologist, neurologist and others did not find a reason, and my pain spread to the chest, legs.

I'm at work, but only I know how I worked.

In the meantime, I rushed to the emergency room several times due to chest pain and high blood pressure. Then, from the end of 2020 start a burning sensation of the skin around the eyes which I initially prescribed that due to dry eyes from Blood pressure pills,but with the eyes everything was Ok except that the previous eye doctor gave the wrong diopter which a year later the new Doctor discovered and cut in half. Despite that, the burning of the skin around the eyes continued. Neither my home Doctor knew why, nor the any other doctor I asked gave me an answer to what was happening. From the first moment of all these problems, it took two and a half years to and finally I did a MRT in August in my home country.Was established that and I have a herniated disc c4 / 5 and l4 / 5. So ,finally found out why there is muscle pain. But despite everything, I functioned normally at work with all the above problems.

And now I come to escilatopram:

At the check-up at the cardiologist in mid-October, he said that everything was ok, but probably because of the stress I have at work, he wants to calm down the lower blood pressure, which was always around 85/95 with one new pill. Only said that I need to take 7 days half and then up the whole pill.that's where my nightmare begins.I started without knowing anything and I had no doubt what he gave me.On the third day of taking it I became so bad that I thought I had a heart problem again, went to my Doctor, the EKG was Ok, , the problem was with the stomach. Went home and started google what it was about and I was amazed at what I found out, so the cardiologist put me on antidepressants !!!

I continued further, after all .

7 days, half a pill, 7 days of nausea, 7 days of dizziness, 7 days without appetite and lost 4-5 kilos. In general, I did not feel well, I was 300 times more nervous, as if going crazy. Day 8 go to the cardiologist only to ask him since I don't feel well if I should stop.He not receive me ,imagine, was no time for Me ,so the nurse referred me to my House Doctor but unfortunately He was on vacation. Went to a another Doctor who just said that I should increase the dose and wait because the drug takes 2-3 weeks to enter organism. that's what I did. another 4 days at 10 mg and I was like a zombie, feeling crazy. My head was shooting from the pain in my face,behind, legs, arms, burning skin , muscle pain ,literally all over my body. Then day 4 went to the replacement for my Home Doctor and the doctor told me to stop taking the pills, which I did. The next day a little better, but the day after ,disaster, everything came back as when I took escilatopram, as if Iā€™m in a bad dream I had a feeling.

Then,last hope for Me,yesterday I called an old friend who is a psychiatrist in my home country.explained everything that has happened to me in these 2.5 years and she diagnosed GOD. She said that everything I experienced in the previous 11 days is normal as a side effect for Escilatopram, she gave me instructions to take additional Diazepam as needed, I started 5mg Escilatopram again yesterday as she said, I believe her that everything will calm down in a few weeks. I need to take pill 2 today after this short break,but for now I feel so weak and not ok.

I wanted to share my experience, maybe will help.

I don't know how this will end with me but this experience of mine confirms how successful the health care system (German) is.

From a healthy man 2,5 year ago to do what I am now experiencing and struggling with ,only because they are to slow to help me in the right time

Finally I have 15-11-2021 termin to neurologist for my Discus hernia and the same day to psychiatrist

wish me luck šŸ˜ƒ

You are not alone

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.