Escitalopram 4 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been experiencing nausea all day every day for four months and diarrhoea every morning. Could this be caused by the escitalopram?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have not experienced this. is it listed as a possible side effect?
  • Posted

I have been taking Escitopram for three and a half months but only just started to have symptoms like yours. Do you fine it working in otherways?

• Posted

I thought so at first as I was able to do a few hours voluntary work at was starting to feel better. Though now I'm in a permanent state of panic, my teeth hurt, I'm nauseous all the time and have very upset stomach. Barely eaten for days and I'm due to start work soon! Really not sure if it's anxiety or tablets or both
    • Posted

I think it is both, if you feel bad then anxiety cicks in. You could try Diazepam which is a carmer downer or Propranolol which takes away the fear, people take them for driving tests or playing in a band for performance anxiety. You can take them with Escitopram it might get you though your working day.

Ecscitoprm has the least symptoms of all the SSSRI but perhaps it doesn't work for people like us.  I suggest you talk to your doctor, My doctor has given me a referral for next week, I'll report back.

I do hope your day improves

• Posted

Thank you, I'm waiting for the mental health team to contact the psychiatrist about meds. I have some lorazepam. Hope you find something that works
    • Posted

Thanks Cleora, reading about Lorazepam it sounds like Diazepam, how are you getting on with it?  
    • Posted

I'm guessing you are NHS. My mental health visit is next week, so they take info and report back?   Let me know how you get on.  Hope you are feeling better today. 
    • Posted

Yes, NHS. The psychiatrist phoned me today he is reducing escitaolpram see how that goes maybe stop it altogether. Though that's a scary thought as I've taken meds for 16 years. Hope your visit goes well let me know
    • Posted

Yes, NHS. The psychiatrist phoned me today he is reducing escitaolpram see how that goes maybe stop it altogether. Though that's a scary thought as I've taken meds for 16 years. Hope your visit goes well let me know
    • Posted

Yes NHS, the psychiatrist phoned me today we are reducing escitalopram for a week or say then reviewing it again on the 2/5. Maybe stopping all meds. Which will only be my second time in 16 years without medication. Last time was a few months ago and it didn't go well. Hope your appointment goes well let me know
  • Posted

Perhaps this is the answer for people like you and me who are sensitive to drugs. Some people can take anything without any effect. Hope it goes well for you. I'll let you know what happenns after my meeting.
  • Posted

Hi Cleora,

My meeting went the same as yours, lots of questions. They meet on a Thursday and then advise what action to take.  After four months I'm still light headed seems to be worse these passed few days. Hope you are improving.

• Posted

I ended up being admitted and now have new medication so starting all over again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.