Escitalopram effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on this medication for 6 years and it worked excellent and I weaned myself off it . Was doing great for 2 years on my own . Now due to recent stress in my life that caused my anxiety to act up he wants me to start taking it again . So I took one and when I got up the next day my head was in a haze which caused me to have a panick attack. I go see the doctor tomorrow right now I'm on leave from work and I'm scared to take this medication now after dealing with having a panick attack after not having one on such a long time . Any one else have this issue ? I just want my life back . I don't even like going out anymore I get really anxious . Any advice would be great .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Colleen,

I take 10mg Citalopram, I am not familiar with escitalopram.

What dose are you on? Could be you are starting too high. I tried 20mgs citalopram but had to go down to 10mgs because of the horrible side effects.

You have coped for two years without it. I wonder whether you could manage your anxiety by other methods rather than starting up again.

I wish I had never started taking mine but I have tried coming off a few times but keep having to go back on them because of the horrible withdrawal effects.

Check your dosage to see if you can start a lower dose of if you have to go down the route of medication, maybe you should try something else.☺

• Posted

Hi Jayn they are a generic brand of ciprlax it's the first time I had the generic brand . I use to take 20mg and when I went back on them i started on 10mg . I never took one since after the severe panic attack I had it scared me way to much .

• Posted

Hi Colleen , 

My sister experienced the same thing as you. The psychaitrist said it was a recurrence of depression and anxiety so he put her back on medication. It was a rebound and if you need to go back on meds as said by your dr then you should. The meds will make you feel better within 2-4 weeks. What kind of meds are you taking now ? 

Wish you better soon 

• Posted

I take 0.5 mg aprazolam for my anxiety as needed . I recently moved to a bigger city . So I am wondering if this is why my anxiety has been through the roof . The pharmacy gave me a generic brand of my medication so I am wondering is this the cause . I never took a panic attack like this in years. I'm going to ask him to make sure they are not generic and could I take my aprazolam if I have a panic attack while starting the back up on my meds .

• Posted

Only take the Xanax if you are in need as it is very addictive . Changing environment could be a factor for recurrency. I suggest you to see the psychiatrist first before going back on any meds. Hope you feel better soon. 
    • Posted

Wish I could get into to see the psychiatrist but his wait list is 2 years so for now I have to let my doctor decide . I was almost off the aprazolam also . Now I have to take them when needed because i will not go out the door . I start shaking and everything I actually had to come back to visit my home town just to see my doctor because he knows my history .
    • Posted

Just came back from the doctor he wants me to start taking my medication at night . You were right he said I relapsed . He told me give it time I will be back on my feet in no time and to relax .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.