Escitalopram for 9 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I'm in desperate need for some help. I have severe anxiety and depression. I immediately started 10mg of cipralex for 2 weeks, 15mg for 3 weeks, and finally 4 weeks on 20mg. During my second week of 20i also started remeron and I started feeling much better so much so that I stopped taking the daily benzos I had been taking for 4 weeks. 

Today and yesterday feel horrific. As bad as I was before taking anything. It's really really shaken me as I was feeling myself again last week and now I'm an utter mess. I'm super anxious and can't get out of bed. How in the world can this happen? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Those feelings are more than likely from the start up side effects :-). I don't know anything about Remeron, but it's possible you are getting start up side effects for that, too. You've had several dosage switches in a relatively short amount of time; speaking from experience, I do think that makes the side effects worse.

If at all possible, I'd try holding out on your current meds for another two weeks. If you have no improvements, I'd go back to the doctor and see what else you could try. They might want you to increase your dose, or they might switch you to a different antidepressant.

?

?Hang in there. It will get better :-).

• Posted

I wanted to add, I just re-read your post, and realized that you've only been taking the remeron for 2 weeks. I would bet your increase in anxiety and depression is from that. It seems like for the first two weeks the side effects are the worst.

• Posted

Thank you Kelly for your detailed reply. Is it normal for the remeron to suddenly have side effects? I've Been on it for three weeks with no problems at all. I've been on cipralex I. The past and it was a godsend I'm so scared it's not working this time although I felt totally like myself last week for eight days in a row and thought it's all in the past now 

• Posted

I think it's normal for the side effects to come and go, for several weeks after starting a new antidepressant. Very normal as well to have good days (or weeks), and then feel bad again.

?Like Andrew said, it could also be from withdrawing from the benzos.

Hopefully you will feel better soon:-)!!!!

• Posted

Relax your probably going through withdrawals from the Benzoes. Stick it out and don’t give up. If you keep resisting the anxiety it will persist. Let the anxiety flow through you. Let it come in acknowledge it and let it go out.  I watch Noah Elkrief on iTunes please give him a try. He’ll explain why we feel what we feel. I’ve learned a lot from his teaching.

• Posted

Thanks so much. I'll check him out. I just restarted the benzos after feeling fine without them for three weeks. Talk about a set back. I'm riddled with anxiety again like before starting the cipralex which is scaring me as I had a perfect week a few days ago 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.