Escitalopram is working !

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking 5mg of Escitalopram in the morning and 7.5 of Mirtazapine at night to sleep. Its been over 6 weeks now and my daily moods have been level all the way through and sleep right through for 8 hours every night. I didn't know life could be so balanced. My Dr. hasn't said how long I will be on these meds.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So pleased for you Jimmiego, this is a great med for me too. I started on 5mg, then my symptoms of anxiety came back and upped to 10, then again to 15 which I’m settled on.

Everyone is different and hopefully 5mg will be your settled dose but not trying to put a downer on it but don’t be disappointed if it’s not. This is just so you don’t get too upset if this happens but hopefully your days will get better and better! 

I don’t really ever want to come off of it so if I can stay on it I will. For me quality of life is so important.

Good luck with your journey and take care 😊

• Posted

If its working for you with just 5mg you have not a big problem, so you re lucky...I am taking 20mg. ok I feel differently, much better but I discuss with doc. to low it in 10mg. It has turned to anxiety from fear anxiety to a joy tention but still I can not feel serenity,...I am all day long motivated, with a kind of a numb head...we will see...anyway I can sleep better which is very important and I can handle with my negative thoughts...this time I am thinking ....forget it ...this is not you...
    • Posted

Hi Arietta,

I am on 20 mg of escitalopram, and have the same feeling, motivated all day but feeling numb and don’t have that clarity...

How long you been on 20 mg.  and did you ever go off? Is it hard to get off?

Thanks,

Michael...😊

• Posted

Hi Miso,

I started with 5 mg from mid of February and gradually, on 20mg I ve been about a month.The first 2 months I had awfull side effects like more anxiety, panics and less sleep so I needed to take a bit of benzos to carry on. Now I am much better but not so cool as I wanted. On Monday I have a visit to my doc and discuss about.

Last June I had started again the same therapy but I gave them up and went for the vacations to an island and it was very easy to give them up. So I believe that it is just a matter of the thought. We all have this negative feelings because all the time we think about them.

If we are distracted with other things and we have no anxiety or panics...I believe this! But unfortunatelly our bad self does not allow us to do this. So we have to try to remind ourselves that we are not the negative thinking..take a deep breath and say " I am much more than this"...

So I wll let you know what new the doc say about the continuity of medication...

Stay strong!

• Posted

That's great news!!!?

You might need to stay in them indefinitely. It's the trap of discontinuing because you feel great then think you don't need them. So many people have weaned off and ended up falling back into anxiety. It's not worth it!!!

• Posted

Hello Jimmiego this is my story, I have depression and anxiaty to the max I have this sidde effect from anxiaty called DEPERSONALIZATION it's horrible feeling all the time detached from your body and feeling confused!!! Soo my dr started me with Velantafaxine 75mg I took it for 7 weeks and in those weeks I just had few calm momments soo my dr decided to change me to Escitalopram 10mg I have been on it for 2 weeks and 2 days all the symptoms came back I wake up with very bad anxiaty, sweats, nervous and very sleepy last night i felt like i was gonna pass out out of no were i think it was a pannick attack Idk what to do anymore this feelings are taking over my life😔😞 should I give it more time to wrk!?? Idk what to think anymore. I dont think I could do this anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.