Escitalopram Jovia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have started with Escitalopram Jovia. My doctor advised me to take half of the 10mg pill for the first 2 days and switch to one entire pill on the 3rd day which I did. After 2 hours of taking it, I felt nauseated and and light headed. I went to bed and woke up a two or three times feeling awful. I called my doctor and she told me to start with half again for the next 8 days, which I will do tonight. 

How long will this awful feeling last? I want to stop already.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate,

I had a terrible time with side effects and they lasted ages but a lot of other people say they found them wonderful. 

They say between 2 - 4 weeks for it to settle down and start working.

I started straight on 10mg which was half of what the Doc wanted me to start on... So glad I only took half.

Everyone is different and if you find they don't work or too many side effects, ask for a different one. I am starting on a new one as my side effects subsided but never went away.

Apparently, if they work for you they are very good. I felt odd in the brain and still had anxiety and just off all the time so am switching. Felt I gave it my all for 5 months so long enough to know they werent working for me. Perhaps I needed the 20mg but I couldn't handle the side effects again everytime I tried to add a bit to the 10mg.

See if you settle back down on the 5mg but if you don't, perhaps swap to something else. Not a good feeling at all when you feel like this.

Cheers,

Gina 

• Posted

Hi Kate, sorry to hear you are suffering, I did too but it does get better.

Escitalopram is a great anxiety medication and has definately worked for me!

The side effects are a pig for some, I suffered with every dose change too, I started on 5mg and I'm currently on 15mg which I've been on since last October.

Please see if you can ride the side effects through (I know it's tough) but you won't regret it! I'm of the mindset that it will give you quality of life back!

Hope some of this helps, Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.