Escitalopram (Lexapro) talkativeness?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been taking escitalopram (Lexapro) for 10+ years.  I was prescribed 10mg to start but cut back to 5mg after about 3 years because I was becoming agitated.  5mg seems to work best for me.  I notice very few if any side-effects... except maybe one.

My question:  Does anyone else who is taking this drug notice a tendency to be more talkative than usual?  Like, can't stop talking?  I don't want to be one of "those" people but sometimes I just can't shut my mouth which is not like me.

I'd appreciate anything you can share concerning your experiences with this drug.

Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

I take 7.5 mg of lexapro and can't get any higher. The doc told me this isn't a therapeutic dose and I should be on at least 10-15mg. It's taken me nearly a year to get used to the side effects at even this dose.. so it's good to know that your ok on only 5mg.

I've just been put on lyrica as well as I have a lot of stomach issues which they think is anxiety based. .. I've been on them a week and last night I was so angry with things that when you said you were angry, I wondered if it was happening to me too.

I've found I've actually been quieter on lexapro as my head feels odd the whole time. Also have trouble thinking so don't know what to say at times.

This is certainly the most oddest feelings I've ever had on a ssri.

However, it's worked wonders for my panic disorder, constant worrying, phobias etc. Best yet for those.

• Posted

David.. maybe it's the part of u that's wanted to talk but maybe u had social aniexty and Lexapro has opened the door to where u feel more like talking..That's not a Bad Thing.. I have found that with lexapro . I want to b around people more and that's a different part of me than b4 lexapro I was ok being alone... so I say it's just confidence and it's ok... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.