Escitalopram Protracted withdrawals

Posted , 3 users are following.

i m on  and off ,did many switch Fluoxetine-Escitalopram since last year ,did though yoyoing and cold turkeyed several times this two Drugs, off and on forth escitalopram 10 mg and fluoxetine 20mg .that s because i relapsed 5 years ago after i stopped succesfully fluoxetine wich i was taking since 2001 ,and stayed healed and clean over a year 2011-2012 but i relapsed suddenly how ever allthought i reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg /day it did not worked at all like tehe first 10 years i was on it. wich i decided to taper every time i reinstated it and i know that i did a wrong taper or reduced dose so QUICLY EVERY TIME .side effects were the real cause to think to leave Drugs every time last year i switched to Escitalopram 10 mg in april but like Fluoxetine ,my brain don t want anymore SSRi s .that s why i started tapering after 2 months or so  and i went cold turkey after 4 months clean and had a worsened withdrawals another faillure in my depressed life ,reinstated escitalopram then two weeks later switched once again to fluoxetine since December 2016. took it at low dose because of side effects ,10mg then go on to escitalopram april 2017, and now tryng to come off of but i m not stabilised since 2012. i need some advice please .thnk you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, i am wondering why you are only trying 2 meds, the fluoxetine and escitalopram.  you should try something different.

you could try an antidepressant med which is a little different from the usual ssri's.

i would recommend bupropion, mirtazapine, nefazodone, or trazodone.

here currently i am taking 150mg trazodone before bed (12am midnight), and then 10mg escitalopram at 12pm midday.  this is working for me and finally after 6 months of difficult depression and anxiety, i am repaired again and healthy again. you should get back on antidepressants and when it is working for you again, stay on them, because each time you stop, your depression returns, and you have to go through the whole process of removing the depression again, which for some people can take around 6 months.

buproprion, mirtazapine, nefazodone, trazodone.     try these ones, which are different from the usual ssri's.

• Posted

Hi Sun43 ,sorry to be late to reply ,I'm kindled since I have done many CT's before ! I can't stabilize on meds that's why I try to stop Escitalopram Asap.Thank you anyway.best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.