Escitalopram success stories

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, 

I posted not long ago about Zoloft .. it was working for me but the side effects were to much to handle so I've now been switched to Escitalopram 10mg. I'm on day 3 and I just feel super tired & abnormally calm (calm is not an state I'm familiar with ). 

Has anyone had great success on this med specifically for anxiety . I think it's also called lexapro & cipralax . I'm wondering if this is the calm before the store and what kind of effects I should look out for . 

I've always been so skeptical of meds & swore to myself I was done with them after my zoloft experience but the anxiety keeps creeping in and it's crippling. My dr strongly suggested I keep trying and I have decided to take his advice . I have come to terms with the fact that I can't battle this with therapy alone . 

I'd love to hear how this med has worked for you ! Thanks 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Escitalopram really helped me, I would still be on it if it weren't for insurance and finance issues.  Talk to your doctor about taking it around dinner time/early evening because of the sleepiness it can cause.  If taken earlier in the evening it doesn't leave you as out of it during the next day and you might actually get a decent nights sleep.  Unless of course you are on a night shift and sleep during the day, then take it a few hours before you want to sleep.  The calm feeling as you called it is something I got used to, it is hard to adjust at first, because we are always in an anxious state.  I had no other side effects from this medication other than dry mouth, but some of my other meds were said to cause that too so it could have been them.  Good luck!!!

• Posted

Thanks for your response!! It is very strange to feel so calm.. I always thought it was normal but turns out I've been living in an anxious state for the past 5 years or so. I haven't had any bad side effects thus far other then the tiredness & alittle extra anxiety yesterday but today I seem to not have that anxious feeling in my chest. I'm really hoping this medicine works for me .. I've heard many good things . Thanks again ! 

• Posted

Oh. I should add slight dizziness to my side effects but I'm always alittle light headed due to my anxiety so it's hard to tell if it's the meds or just some anxiety.

• Posted

Unfortunately it is sometimes hard to tell the anxiety symptoms apart from any side effects you might experience, I understand completely
  • Posted

I am coming off mirtazapine and feeling bad, anxiety and depressed. I have tried several ads but never escitalopram.  Do you think its worth a go?  Sertraline was really bad for me, pregabalin too, and duloxetine was worse. I hate this feeling of wanting to isolate.

i am just wanting to do nothing and stay in see nobody even though friends are trying to call me.  Did escitalopram help these things for you?   Maybe its too early to tell.  It would help if you keep us updated.

• Posted

Hi Ann, 

I think it's to early to really tell but so far I feel as normal as I've felt in 2 months. ( I'm on day 4) ..I do have some dizziness & heightened anxiety at times but I know that's expected when starting a new AD. I woke up at 4 am with quite a bit of anxiety but I have clonazepam to counter it while I wait for the meds to kick in. As far as side effects go dizziness, tiredness & some extra anxiety  are really the only things I'm dealing with right now . Other then that I feel good. My aunt is on this med and it has worked great for her ..I've also heard many other success stories so I think it's worth a shot. 

I tried zoloft & Wellbutrin both were awful for me . Escitalopram seems to be working the best so far . I'll keep updating as I go . Goodluck ! 

• Posted

I’ve been taking lexapro for about 8 years. I tried a few other things when I was younger but after two weeks they didn’t help anymore. I have a drinking problem so that has increased my anxiety a lot in the last year. I’ve quit drinking and I can already tell it’s starting to help a lot. I also smoke and the combination of the two really helps. Just take it consistently and it’ll do what it’s supposed to do and work for you. Whenever I start to feel calm I do also feel anxious cause I am

Not used to it but after a while you were forget to be anxious about feeling calm lol. You’ll just feel normal. Stay strong you can do this! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.