ESMYA

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an endometrial ablation back in July and bled for over 3 months the consultant put me on ESMYA to stop this.  I stopped bleeding after 2 wks of starting the tablets which was mid October however over a week ago I started bleeding again. I am not sure whether it is a normal lighter period or whether I am going to go back to constantly bleeding again.  Is anyone else on ESMYA and having similar symptoms? 

Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am pre op and have been taken Esyma for 5 weeks now, not had any bleeding yet. Hope someone can give a response who has been on it for longer. 
  • Posted

My endometrial abolation failed, and when i was placed on Esmya, my periods stopped altogether for 3 months.  My final procedure was a UAE which was in May this year, and I have finally been discharged without having to go through a hysterectomy.  I am 46 and my family is complete, Iappreciate everybodys situation may differ, my uterus was around 14-16/then increased to16-18 weeks, about 11x12x11, now it is 6x6x9 best thing i ever did.  My tummy is still very large though, but my cycle is back to how i was as a14 year old brilliant.
  • Posted

hi jape29

I've not had an ablation but am about to start my second round of esmya and the first round was great (3 months which I finished 2 months ago) and I didn't bleed once.  

It really can hugely vary from woman to woman. I do hope you stop bleeding.

• Posted

Hi Jape29,

I've not had an ablation but I had depo provera for bleeding that was on for over 2 months and didn't stop even after taking depo till I had a myomectomy. Now I'm just spotting lightly and I think its still cos of the depo. I think all these hormonal drugs work in different ways for different women. Make sure you supplement with a haematinic to replenish ur blood loss.

I wish u luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.