Esmya side affects

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi 

I have been taking Esmya for two weeks for the reduction of two large fibroids, this have been causing me issues with a lot of pelvic pressure, however I have never really had any issues with bleeding.

SInce taking the Esmya I have been having painful cramps around the area of one fibroid and muscle weakness in my legs.  I was interested to know if any one else had experienced anything similar and if they worn off after a couple of weeks?

I am due to have my hysterectomy in July once I have finished a four month course of the medication.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It was  initially recomended that I take a 2 month course of Esmya but then both doctors told me not to take them as Esmya doesn't usually work...

I was unwilling to take them anyway after reading the side effects and comments on the internet. If your dr, is ok with them ask him. if you can avoid them ask him again..

i think it depends on the ize of your fibroids and the type of Hysterectomy.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks,I think the total size is about 18cm and the surgeon is aiming to do a bikini cut, at the moment that is doubtful. So hence trying to shrink them further. I had the embolisation surgery 4 years ago, however I wished I had the hysterectomy at that point. But the doctors were reluctant as I was about to get married and had not children, even though they also said it was going to be near impossible to conceive anyway. I wish I had taken more control of what I wanted.. hindsight is a great thing....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.