Esomeprazole 2x day not helping

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi there,

i was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia (small) a couple of years ago and since have had small flare ups.

however, last week i had a painful gastric bug which caused pain and nausea but it seems to have worked its way out if my system. gp put me on famitodine x2 twice a day. ive hardly eaten anything in almost 2 weeks now .

on saturday i was utterly plagued by sudden onset of constant searing heartburn radiating under my arms and searing into my back. nothing shifted it and when i went to docs on tuesday i was referred to surgical assessment because of the pain. i was then prescribed esomeprazole 40mg x2 day as well as the famitodine.

well, its not giving me much relief at all, im counting down the hours till i can take my next meds and have been told to take cocodamol when in pain but its just masking the damage happening to my oesophagus.

can anyone tell me- is this common. i feel like the pain is unbearable most of the time and cant even imagine a week of it without having to be hooked on cocodamol.

naturally i have even started researching private consultations for a gastroenterologist even if i dont have the money!

any kind of solidarity would be amazing as i feel utterly defeated by this sudden change in circumstances

thank you

Morag

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.