esophagitis and stomach ulcer

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello

Im a 25 year old male, I was diagnosed with Gastritis and esophagitis about 6months ago and was put on lansoprozol. I then went for a second camera into my stomach 2 months later and the gastritis had gone but i still had esopagitis and a stomach ulcer had developed.Im currently waiting on my 3rd camera which will take it up to 9 months with all of these problems. Im currently on omerprazol twice a day and my diet is perfect plus i dont smokje and havent drank in 9 months. Any advice would be amazing as im losing my mind and alot of weight.

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yeah I will thanks, the diet isn't the issue for me it's the no alcohol as I was a very active sociable person which has not disapeard and I really want to go back to that.
  • Posted

Hi mark, how are you getting on? I am 3 months into recovery....it's really slow. Have good days and bad days, but I think I am slowly improving. Coffee a big no no for me and I have pretty much written off alcohol .

• Posted

Hello, further to what people said on here I did actually get rid of it for over 6 months just buy taking medication along with perm a vite. I then eat whatever I wanted and drank whatever I wanted but unfortunately I took it for granted and drank 2 nights running and now I have it back. But what this has shown me is if you eat very plain foods, take the correct medication and don't worry about it, it will eventually go!!!! Next time I will not be so stupid!!!

• Posted

Thanks Mark, reassuring to hear I might be looking at months of Meds and discipline, rather than days or weeks...out of interest had you got off the medication or have you taken throughout?
    • Posted

Tried to come off but just doesn't work so take at morning and night, I came to the conclusion it's not a big deal to take a pill morning and night. Plain food is really the one and stay off alcohol until you get no reflux in mornings then you can bring it back in l. I was on 40mg of omoprazol a day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.