Esophagus healing (acid reflux)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m havign trouble swallowing food it can be done but I notice it go down my throat. It isn’t painful but it is uncomfortable. I’m just assuming it’s inflamed and will probably take a couple weeks to heal as water can do down easy as well. Can anyone give me any insight if they’ve had such luck with their esophagus healing after acid reflux was resolved? Or did you need dilation. Any information would be great.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have they not offered you another endoscopy or have you had the barium swallow scan done showing any narrowing strictures causing the difficulty swallowing?

Sometimes we need to chew food up more and certain foods will be difficult to swallow ie bread chicken noodles(with me) is there no regurgitation happening? A stent is sometimes needed to widen the damaged esophagus which will make everything easier

Hope all goes well for you 

• Posted

Hello Micheal if you juice a bunch of celery every morning .drink it first thing in the morning for 1 week it will stop your reflux
  • Posted

"Assuming is inflamed" is probably right, but you should have some tests done. Dysphagia is an alarm symptom, and should have your doctor scoping you. It could be a number of things: 

1) Esophagitis due to acid

2) Eosinophilic esophagitis

3) Esophageal dysmotility

4) Strictures

5) Esophageal hypersensitivity

6) etc.. 

Personal story: I've had this issue. First diagnosis was GERD, followed by eosinophilic esophagitis, followed by esophageal dysmotility (really all of these: GERD leading to dysmotility, leading to EoE, which led to Barrett's). I've never had to have dilation, even though I've had rings due to the EoE. (The PPI + budesonide resolved these.)  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.