Esophagus issues.... I think... Im freaking out

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everybody I am new to this forum. Currently experiencing high levels of anxiety and I am seeing a pcp doctor tomorrow. I have had heartburn issues for about 10 years now and I have just taken omeprazole on my own and I’ve never seen a doctor about it. There is a sensitive lump just left of my lower sternum that almost feels rubbery.  When I swallow hot liquid I can feel a little burning sensation on that spot as it travels down my esophagus. My voice has always been a little raspy and that hasn’t changed. I’ve never had difficulties swallowing but I have recently. But it’s hard to tell if my anxiety is affecting this or not.   My throat seems to be OK but when I drink Alka-Seltzer my throat does feel better. My throat is never in pain but feels irritated sometimes kind a like having allergies .  I do burp after I eat or drink something. My hope is that I do not have cancer. Can a hernia feel like the lump I described earlier in this paragraph? I’m really hoping it’s a hernia or something that’s not cancer. But I am very alarmed as when I drink hot liquid I can feel it on that spot where the lump is near. 

Much Love and thanks for any help 😁

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you can feel the lump and it is squishy then likely it is a limpoma which is a fatty deposit under the skin. I had one on my side And even had an ultrasound to confirm that’s all it was. Try not to worry as hard as that is you will be fine I promise. Now if I could just get rid of this lump feeling in my throat life would be great!!
    • Posted

Chandra

Thank you for you words of encouragement! Trying hard to cope with my anxiety 😁... seeing a PCP doc tomorrow. I’ll keep positives vibes for your throat 👍

• Posted

Sure let us know how it goes! Thanks I really apprciate it and good luck tomorrow you will be fine!
  • Posted

Yea it can be a hernia i have a hiatal hernia plus I have acid reflux disease very bad and I have irritable bowel syndrome and it makes me sick to my stomach it hurts so bad that I want to throw up plus I get very nauseous and i feel like throwing up with it
  • Posted

Derek, go see your doctor and in the meantime you can take magnesium tablets or apple cider vinegar with the mother. See if that helps while you wait for your dr. appt. Don't hesitate !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.