Esophogeal Achalasia Problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been suffering with Achalasia for years already. I started when I was 14 years old and I am now 20 years old. Things have been pretty tough trying to keep up with eating and going to school and then college. I never had enough time to eat ever because I always take more than an hour at least to get food down and most times the food comes back up. Now I am looking for a job but I don't even know how I am going to make it. If im working I think I definitely won't have time to eat which means I will end up losing a lot of weight and I cant affor that right now. Any advice? How do other s with achalasia survive?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was given an injection once in A&E and it relaxed my sphincter so much so that it felt I didnt have a problem .I ate and drank normally but was told it wasnt a long lasting drug. Pitty.
    • Posted

That is how I came across phenergen. I was in hospital and after several visits from doctors who had no idea a gastric resident came upon me. He said you poor "bugger" (Australian slang)but then said "I understand how you feel but can't do anything ". Thankfully 10 minutes later he came back and said "lets try this" and he gave me an intrvenous shot of phenergen. In another 10 minutes everything was ok. Since yhen I have been taking a 25 mg tablet of phenergen every day and have blessed that doctor ever since. But take note of other suggestions in my original post.

If you forget to take the tablet and start feeling as if you might vomit or regurgitate try the tablet under your tongue. That way it works quicker and you do not need to swallow anything. Allow a bit of time for it to work. Dont forget to have a glass of sodium bicarbonate before eating too.

Phenergen will stay active in your system for about 8-10 hours. Good luck again. Try to stay calm and positive. If you are agitated it will give you problems eating even if you didn't have achalasia.

• Posted

Thank you I will ask my Doctor next visit and will look it up on wiki. Cant go on like this. All about trial and error isn't it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.