Esphogoities chest pain???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can some describe this type of pain. I'm getting chest pain upper chest. Off an on.. when I site down. But if I stand up move around it seems to go away.... I do feel sore in my chest where the pain is.... Like between my breast or just above them.. it's not a keep over pain just uncomfortable... I haven't been diganosed I with anything yet still going through the test.......

I'm getting kinda worried I'm am quiting smoking so idk if that the cuase as my body going threw transformation... Healing it self. Or maybe just aniexty from all the stress and aniexty over the past two months... Idk just really freaky had a chest x-ray of my lungs and a ekg back in November and blood test all came back normal... So rule that out. This has been on and off. For two weeks or so ever since I started to quit smoking and takeing ppis cuz the ent thought I had reflux so idk.. could it be esphogoities pain I'm feeling????

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It could be many things. I would have your GP keep trying to rule things out. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Samuel

i have a similar chest pain which is worse when I wake in the morning but most times gets better as the day progresses. I have been diagnosed with reflux and refuse to take ppi’s for a variety of reasons.

i have seen my pcp, a gastroenterologist, a cardiologist, a puliminologist, and two surgeons and none of them can explain the chest pain although the gastroenterologist says many people with reflux suffer the same complaint. Next stop is a neurologist.

• Posted

Hey Frank have u ever heard of costacondritise.. I think that my problem cuz yes I do have a swallowing problem which may be from reflux or silent reflux and not doing anything about eating hot Cheetos and things. But my pain I get is def not my esphogoues.. I just feel it in my ribs more then anything which is def not what all other people explain there pain.. I never get burning up to my throat or my chest.. I don't feel the food stick pain. At all. Just very different from reflux.. so idk I'ma get to the bottom of this one way or another lol

• Posted

Hi Samuel

I have never heard of costaconditise I’ll have to google it.

Dont give up the search you just need to trip over a curious and caring doctor to help you.

im still searching too.

• Posted

It's just word type of pain mine seems to get me more while sitting down so that kind of throws acid reflux out the window.. I just feel sore in those areas idk I'll find answers sooner or later lol keep ur head up we will find answers fer sure

• Posted

Mines get 80-90% better when I lay back or sleep which also contradicts reflux symtoms. My GI said it was not related to reflux after doing an endoscopy so I have to believe the back is the origin of the problem but reflux could be the reason for what appears to be silent reflux (nasal breathing problems) and anxiety just makes it worse. . ;-(((
    • Posted

Yes .. I also read post where alot of people say that they get the pain above there heart by there breast which is where mine is.. they get it in there back just all over they have number of test and everything come back negative.. some say it never goes away but it flares up on them.. some days there good idk I read alot about it.. when I first looked at it I was like no this is def not what I got but now after research could explain alot..
  • Posted

Same here Samuel, the pain is 24/7 but mines is 80% better when I lay back or sleep.  I also saw a rheumatilogist which said is not inflammation so right now I have no asnwer. It also feel the back like is connected so I believe in my case is my case and it affects my chest and ribs. I also have breathingproblem but I'm coming to the conclution when the pain gets bad then anxiety kicks in creating the breathing problem.  I did take medication for anxiety ( 2 1.2 years of benzos) but it did nothing for the pain so I stopped.   Please keep me posted and I'll do the same.

Jose

• Posted

Ya Jose I will keep u posted I got a barrium swallow x-ray on Tuesday then I'll get the results and let you know I know they won't find anything. Cu I don't suffer from reflux all that much. So idk man I'm lost but all I can think of is what I said it was but idk.. I'll keep u updated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.