esr levels of 29 doctors says lupus

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had 2 blood test in over 2 weeks and both with esr levels of 29, im a 23 yr old female and dcotor said very high for my age. She said it could be lupus. I have had a headache for over 2 months, I have had a neck ache which feels tight and going into the back of my head for around 3 weeks on and off and only a heat pad will help it calm down. I get achy knee on my left side sometimes but not all the time and i sometimes get the odd back ache are these signs of lupus as I suffer with anxiety and this is so worrying I havent felt right for over 2 months have seen all gp at my surgery and been given anti-biotics left right and centre. Have been told have fluid in ear and maybe the head ache is sinus related and that could be why on esr levels are raised. Im so scared I have something wrong what do I do? Doctor said too take another 2 week course of anti-biotics and go back if still feel the same for another blood test . Any advice would be appreciated Thank you

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been too see the head gp at my surgery he is mainly for muscle skeleto not sure how you spell it lol. And he did a check over of my neck as my headaches and neck ache are getting horrible he pressed on some points on back of head/neck and maybe me cry in pain, he said that's where your problem is that's why you getting headaches, neck pain and occasionally a back ache. It's all tension of the muscles due to my posture, not wearing the correct bra and anxiety. He said my esr levels are not high enough too worry and thesecould be up due to my irritable bowls, period or as I'm borderline diabetes he said I also have poor fat utilisation which can cause strain and for esr too go up. So looks like New bra, diet and exercise and will go back for bloods again soon. But I hope he is right and all is okay as my anxiety gets the better of me x

• Posted

Hi ChelseaLouise33

Glad to hear you have had a diagnosis from your doc.  So get shopping for that new bra,.get going on your diet and exercise and I hope this will help with your pain..best wishes....

• Posted

Thank you for reply, I hope this is all it's is but that's my anxiety taking over but I'm thinking positive so far, just hope them esr levels drop but apparently they can be normal for me as suffer with bad crackling knee anyway rolleyes got new bra so just diet and healthy lifestyle too get a crack on with. Thank you again smile x

• Posted

HI ChelseaLouise33

I changed my diet to gluten free, wheat free, lacto free, dairy free, sugar free and caffeine free and only eat chicken, fish and lamb, veggies (no legumes) and lots of fruit not too much citrus. Probiotics, high strength Vit C and Vit D. Gluten free gravy granules,gluten free sauces, cakes, pizza, breaded chicken all of which can be found in Tesco. They have a 'free from' freezer range, 'free from' bread and cake range and 'lactofree' range.

I have lost weight and feel a lot better for the change.....best wishes..bon appetite....

• Posted

Thank you so much, yes im watching what I eat no processed food all fresh veg and healthy things. Ive just one thing I have noticed by feeling not seeing a vein/artery on my forehead it feels bigger on the right side than the left and was reading about gca (giant cell) its common in over 50's but the doctor didnt seem too worried about it when I told him yesterday is this just me worrying do you think? My partner says he cannot really feel any difference but I can feel it. Sorry if thats totally off subject. x

• Posted

Hi ChelseaLouise33

I have a friend who had GCA but since taking the steroids the headaches and facial pain around the jaw area and cheeks have gone...but she was on a high dose 30mg but she is tapering them now. The arteries at the side of her forehead temple area was painful with her arteries protruding right out you could see them you didn't have to feel for them.

Now you are on the steroid medication you should be ok regarding GCA because the steroids wont let the PMR progress to GCA.....that is why your doc is too concerned about it.....

I think you are being over anxious....stop worrying...best wishes....😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.