Essential High Blood Pressure Age 24- Possible or Unlikely?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am age 24 and was diagnosed with high blood pressure around 2 years ago (but likely had it before).

A cause has so far not been found despite a referral to an endocrinologist.

I have been more or less written off with essential hypertension and medication is my only apparent option (as I am not overweight, healthy, exercise).

Is my diagnosis of essential hypertension actually possible for someone by age or am I just being fobbed off?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It all depends on you, and how much you look after your body and what you eat.

• Posted

"Essential hypertension" just means that they don't know why the blood pressure is high. For sure there is a reason.

How high is your blood pressure. Did you try to measure it at home ?

Do you drink energy drinks?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.