Essential Tremor Disorder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago with ET at that time it was only affecting my predominantly in my left hand, minimally on my right hand, and my speech. Now I have full body tremors which get really intense when my anxiety level rises my legs over the past 4 months began to feel extremely weak and I began having sporadic falling spells. Research shows everyone is different. Unfortunately for me all of the known medication for tremors I have not been able to tolerate the side effects. My tremors started the day of getting a spine epidural injection in my neck. I often wonder if anyone else out there with the ET disorder has had a similar occurrence. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry that you cannot tolerate the medication side effects.  I am assuming you were started on something like Primidone and instructed to begin the treatment at a very VERY LOW dosage?  I was diagnosed earlier this month and was started on 25MG Primidone (a 50 mg tablet cut in half).  The 25 MG made me very lethargic so I cut the tablet in 4 pieces (approx 12.5 mg dosage).  I was up to two 25 mg daily but found that the medicine is not working.  I have opted to ween off of the medication instead of increasing it.  People can say what they want about that. Yesterday I took a shot of very strong alcohol and was fine in 20 minutes and could have performed any meticulous task for the remainder of the day.
    • Posted

Yes, that was one of the first medications my neurologist tried for me, unfortunately, the side effect we're too great and intolerable. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.