Essential tremors can distroy you.

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is the reality for me...

I stammer, I have 'essential tremors', how would you communicate with the outside world under these circumstances?

What do I do? Trying to type this is very hard and I have 'little' support.

Put a gun to my head are my thoughts? Life is very difficult, I need help but can't find it.

Not eating, not drinking on days...maybe it's good for me (cannot use my hands and arms and balance).

I've gone from right hand to left hand (seems more stable to type).

I was a 'fine artist', but now just a memory. NHS are slow and appear to be unable to help due to funding.

Imagine, your tongue has been cut off, your hands have been cut off, what would you do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have you contacted the National Tremor Foundation. They have a facebook page as do Essential Tremor UK.There might be a support group near you.I have ET and went to the launch of a support group in my area on Sautrday. Likewise with your stammer (my husband stammered) have you tried speech therapy your GP should be able to refer you. I don't know if there is a national organisation for people with speech problems. If your stammer is due to ET you might be able to have botox (on the NHS) which could help. I know it can take a while to get NHS help but get on any relevant waiting lists. Your GP could also refer you to Occupational Therapy for any aids which might help. Don't give up!

• Posted

The NHS are doing their best but it's just not good enough, lack of funds. Essential Tremors (for me) it's a weird thing. I can still drive a car, but can't drink any liquids and eat properly. I hope my consultant will recommend 'Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy'. I thank you for your very kind message. Still, everyday, I look at a pen, cup, fork and spoon and think 'no way' can I handle it. There is always someone, somewhere suffering more than you/me. Be grateful to be above ground! Many blessings to you.

• Posted

If your hands and tongue is cut off, you can learn how to use alternatives. Analogy aside. I know a gril that stammers, i wanted to date her and i found her attractive and courted her, but she wasnt interested in me, but over time, her stammering has been put under control its not noticeable anymore. The point is if you prevail and put it under control it will not take over your life. Breathe and take time to say what you want to say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.