Essetial Tremor Or Parkinsons

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had tremors for two years now. I was first told it was "probably" Essential tremor now the Doctor doesn't know which one it is as I have symptoms of both. I have high blood pressure, an anxiety disorder, and now this. I could have a test to see which one it is but my wonderful insurance company doesn't cover it all. I can't afford with two youngsters to pay the leftover cost. The tremors can get bad but it only my left hand and lower arm so far. But the tremors can get bad making typing which I do alot of for my job no fun. I shake so hard I hit other keys. I need someone to talk to about this as I don't want to burden my wife with it. But I struggle somedays keeping a positive outlook knowing this is only going to get worse. How does everyone here deal with the tremors? Any ideas to slow them down? I am on Metoprolol but that doesn't seem to help the tremors, my blood pressure yes.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello Chris,

I also have a tremor caused by Ataxia from a hospital stay. I take vitamin B both regular and time release in the morning and just regular before bed. You can't OD on it but if you take to much it could give you lose stool.

I also take Propranolol, which is also a blood pressure medication twice a day on an empty stomach. it helps a little with the shakiness. I don't know if changing the medicine will help but it may be helpful.

I hope this helps!

Joe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.