estelle duet 1mg and clonazepam for epilepsy

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi lady's can anyone help me I'm going through early menopause and been prescribed estelle duet 1mg hrt I'm also taking clonazepam for epilepsy anyone else taking these 2 together I'm absolutely terrified..please help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bettyboo - I do not have any experience with this - I just want to send you a hug to offer moral support - please do not listen to the anti-hrt propaganda - i am suffereing because of it - i stopped hrt which was working perfectly for me - if this treatment does not work let your doctor try another one

• Posted

Hear, hear looking4answers.

I agree. Anti HRT propaganda is not really helpful to some women.

To be truthful having HRT patches have kept me sane these last 17 years. 

I realise bettyboo this also  doesn't answer your question.

Surely if you have been prescribed the two together by your GP it must be safe to do so? As suggested, if you feel unsure go back and find out if there are other options. You don't need the worry. 

😌 x

• Posted

Do the patches fall off sue02 I'm supposed to be travelling abroad in a few month..where do you place them? X
    • Posted

Hi bettyboo. 

I have never had a problem with patches falling off. Bathing, showering  , swimming... still intact. I was advised to rotate where I fix  them around my middle rather than re apply a new one in the same spot. Think that's do with the patch adhesive. Not really sure to be honest, but followed instructions... so far, so good. 

Hope they do the trick!x

• Posted

Thanks I think I'll go back to my gp and ask for a patch to try first instead of a tablet x
  • Posted

Thank you lady's I no in my heart I have to take hrt as I've been so anxious and constant dizzy spells my hair is falling out I've suffered for 2 year now but my epilepsy has been under control for 20 years it's just terrifying thanx again xx
  • Posted

You don't need to be terrified smile I am also in early menopause, I started with peri about 6 years ago, I am 41 now and by the looks of things very close to being postmeno. 6 years ago I didn't know I was actually starting peri just thought I was a bit mental lol! - But I started to have getting PMS which I never had, than I started to get lots of water retention, on occ. some warmth sensation etc., - anyhow, that I was peri or meno I just figured about 9 months ago. I started HRT in January this year, 1 mg as you. And gone up to 2mg. - The HRT estradiol is very very veeeryyy low dosed, compared to the Contraceptive Pill. On top of that, if one is going through early menopause (under 45 of age) than you simply only replacing/ supplementing what other ladies would still have at your age, and your body still should have. All the HRT Fuss is with older ladies over age of 50 (for the tests they've done and neg. propaganda). So really you can't compare early meno with "normal" meno, hence HRT is advised for people like you and me smile If you worried about the tablets, you can go on patches, which is what I'm going to do, they deliever more even estrogen than the tablets and lesser risk of blood clotting. All the best xox
    • Posted

Thank you for your helpful words Manuela67667..I'm 39 and have a 2 yr old daughter they think I've been going through this since I had her as I've been poorly ever since..I'd love to get rid of this anxiety and have more energy I feel like it's running my life xx
  • Posted

Any HRT interferes with epilepsy and it's medication. Please find a skilled doctor. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.