Estrace Cream and Tacrolimus Ointment

Posted , 7 users are following.

My doctor told me to put Tacrolimus Ointment on 2x day for 30 days, then put Estrace cream on 3x week for maintenance. It seems to be working well but everything I've read says to use the Tacrolimus for maintenance, unless I'm just confused. Anyone have experience with these two drugs to control LS?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Tacrolimus is an immune modulator also used for eczema and to prevent organ rejection.  It acts like a steroid.  I should only be used for short periods.  The Estrace is estrogen.  If you are past menopause, the estrogen is a good idea, though I use an estrogen ring.  I am 69.  Personally, I love Australian Dream cream.  It has helped tremendously.  I've been using it for six weeks now.  I no longer have bruising or splitting with bleeding.  My first thought in the morning is no longer how much it itches "down there".  I am going in for a biopsy next week.  That was the soonest I could get in.  My doctor prescribed clobetasol, but I only used it the first week.  Since then I've had good relief with the Australian Dream.  My left labia minora has unfused.  The right is still fused, and my clitoral hood I fear is fused for good.  Who knows.

I should say that you have to use the Australian Dream cream consistently, twice a day for a couple of weeks before you will get good relief.  It is non prescription, and is available over the counter and on amazon.

• Posted

I agree about not using steroid creams too much, thins the skin. I am going to try the Australian Dream Cream. Right now though I am using a mixture of 4 tablespoons of Organic Castor Oil, 1 DROP of Lemon Grass Essence Oil and 2 DROPS of Lavender Oil. I have had exactly one itch in about 6 weeks which is unheard of for me and feel like a million dollars. Pity though that I never tried any alternative to steroid creams over the past 30 years as my skin is now very damaged. I have a lesion as well that I may have to have cut out if it doesn't heal by the end of November. My Gynie has told me to use Desitin cream for this lesion for 3 months. Desitin is just a baby cream here in Australia. It is known as Fissan paste in South Africa.

• Posted

I'm 57yo and diagnosed via biopsy 8 years ago. I live in Alaska and can only find arthritis and back "Australia Cream". Is that what is being referred to?

• Posted

A few people would like to know, including myself, if the Australian Dream Cream is the one advertised for back pain?
  • Posted

Is there a specific cream. The only ones I find are fir arthritis or back pain, is this what you use??!!!  Thanks
    • Posted

I have asked RosieView about the Australian Dream Cream as the only one I have seen as well is for arthritis and back pain. I actually ordered some today and I hope it is the right one.
  • Posted

The Australian Dream cream is not available in Australia.
    • Posted

I have since discovered this and have ordered some from the USA. The cream and postage is the same cost!! Ordered 2 ozs for $19 (more US dollars) and the postage is the same! Anyway, worth trying it out and I have really bad arthritis in my fingers and a bad back so I am sure I will be able to use it for something!! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.