Estriol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know if estriol is effective for Vaginal Atrophy the burning pain etc?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I used estriol mixed with olive oil on the outer tissues. It was from a compounding Pharmacy and I rub in two drops every night. Cost for me is about $35 for three months worth,  The Dr who prescribed it said it would take about 6 months to work - I was quite atrophied. I think it took about that long. I have been using it for 2 1/2 years and can even miss a couple nights here and there with no problems. Everything looks "normal" again !  It does not circulate in your body. It stays just where you apply it. Estriol is very weak ( google types of estrogen) but it works. No more irritated tissue .

• Posted

Compounding pharmacies are pretty hard to find in UK.

Could you please give a little more info on your Estriol - cream? - what are the ingredients ? is it a bio-identical cream - i.e not synthetic?

Ovestin did nothing for me and i ended up in more pain.

any feedback appreciated

• Posted

it is D-Estriol O.125mg . The pharmacy said it was mixed with olive oil. It is bio-identical. It is a USA compounding pharmacy so doubtful they  would send to UK. A Dr.has to agree to prescribe it here first.
    • Posted

I've been using Estriol more or less successfully for several years, but over the past few weeks it has caused really bad pain and burning. I'm desperate to find a solution 

• Posted

If anything causes you pain, soreness or burning you should stop it immediately. Maybe you have become hypersensitive to it or other ingredients it contains for some reason. Just in case you got a bad batch I'd try a new tube of it and if that still burns then stop. You will have to find an alternative.

• Posted

I believe I told you in the other discussion you started that estriol was the best oestrogen for this, which is why it is used in the vaginal cream ovestin. I tried vagifem pessaries (estradiol) and had a bad reaction - within a matter of days it made me swell up so much I couldn't even fit a finger in. But I was fine with ovestin and it very rapidly retuned my vagina to its former moist and healthy self.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.