Estriol

Posted , 6 users are following.

was on Premarin vag cream for bout 1 year. My VA is slowly coming back. Went to new NP and she has prescribed vaginal estriol. Compounded. My point is I did not know the dangers of the Premarin until I read about the estriol prescription. Breast cancer scare with the Premarin. I have had a total hysterectomy (due to 10cm ovarian cyst) and am glad this NP is giving me this estriol. She seems to be up on our girl needs. I was already 10 years post menopausal when ovary size was found on palpation. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

donna,

Glad to hear you are off the premarin. No darn good for you is right. The studies of breast cancer and all sorts of other issues for women on HRT come from being on those synthetic drugs. Estriol is the safest of our estrogens. Estriol compounded for you is a smart move. Once you get you VA in control you can't stop it or your VA will come back. It is the estrogen that is missing that is causing the VA issues so get it under control and then stick with it. Have to maintain that for the rest of your life but it is def worth it. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Jude84900. I will post my progress.  I am using Nueve right now for the dryness and it is helping. I get my estriol Thursday. Can’t wait.  Thanks again. 
  • Posted

I was prescribed Premarin 3 years ago by a doctor who said it was safe as so little left the localized area. I knew I had read there was still a possibility of problems  and had a sister with stage 4 breast cancer at the time, so I went without it. Now I am having problems (other than just painful exams) so am using a compounded estradiol cream plus a steroid cream nightly for 4 1/2 weeks till a follow-up appointment. 

Uterine fibroids were discovered several years into menopause, which didn't concern me, but that doctor was concerned. Because they didn't shrink after 3 or so months she recommended either a second opinion, a hysterectomy and maybe a 3rd option that I have forgotten. I went for the 2nd opinion not realizing she was an oncologist.When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. She wanted to do a complete hysterectomy. I nearly ran out of that office. I took some chinese herbs and went for another ultrasound months later. Fibroids had shrunken. No surgery.

• Posted

I had a little problem twice this year. I use a concoction that takes care of it right away. It's not conventional treatment but it works for me. I did learn having gone through the same thing 8 years ago that for me it that wiping out all the "good bacteria" thinking did nothing for me. That thought (for me ) had me out of my mind for almost a year to figure out relief. If I would of known what I do now (which I had a problem twice in 8 months which I realize 2 twice in 8 months is puzzling to me ) I could of avoided all that horrible problem I had. Now I know what works for me. I feel for you it's devastating to deal with that problem. I hope you find a cure soon.

• Posted

I was prescribed estriol. It was messy and did not help at all. Penetrative sexy was still virtually impossible. I stopped using it a while ago. Not really tried anything else, just celibacy @!
  • Posted

I have been trying to warn people about Premarin for some time. Not only is it very risky fir women’s health but it is obtained by very cruel practices to horses. It is extracts from preganant mares urine and the mares are kept chained up for their whole lives. They have to be pregnant, so guess what happens to the unwanted foals. Women should just refuse to use it and put an end to the cruelty to preganant mares and slaughter of their foals. I can’t belive this disgusting practice still goes on when there are safer and less cruel alternatives. What is the justification?
    • Posted

Billions for the manufacturer, no doubt. Billions have a way of convincing people to do strange things. Not to mention corporations have no conscience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.