Estriol cream takers....2 or 3 times a week?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm referring to the "pea shape" amount by the vagina.....

I was doing very well on the 3 times a week but then I cut back to 2 times as the directions (Smokey Mtn brand) seems to push the "2" times over the "3" but now I'm starting to have urinary urgy issues again. Ugh!

What is everyone else doing?

Thanks!

Ro

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ro,

I used cream consisting of estriol and estrodial cream for three years. Mine was through prescription by a compounding pharmacy. Pea size amount and I used daily. I never had any issues, only positives of using the cream. I am now on bio identical pellets.

• Posted

I use a pea size daily for about 2 years coming up. No issues as of now.

• Posted

Interesting!

Thanks for the prompt feedback. Do either of you use the Smokey Mountain product from Amazon?

I think I'm going to resume the 3 times a week.

One more question ....do you put it inside or just around the rim of the vagina?

TNX>

• Posted

I use Estrace brand name only on my urethra and slightly inside vagina.

• Posted

Been using it just about every night for almost a year and a half. Was using it only as directed (vag opening) but lately have started to apply it to outer area also as the steroid ointment does not seem to be as effective as I'd hoped. I don't have urinary issues. Originally diagnosed with AV, now LS as well.

• Posted

Yikes- I didn't know folks were taking it every day!

I'm always such a scardy cat about anything estrogen related. I saw an article last week that says estrogen (not estriol) is actually much worse for us than we knew but they may have been referring to oral estrogen

I'll look it up and try to post a link if I dare....

• Posted

Topical estrogens are not assimilated into the system like oral medications. Whatever you put there is not likely to get into bloodstream. Keep on.....also might try Eucerin for dryness and or coconut oil for general moisture, but not too much. I too, have estrogen compounded. Never heard of Smokey Mntn. How do you know it is really estrogen? I do not trust the seller s on Amazon all the time.

• Posted

Use it three times a week, its so weak, the amount of estrogen is so small, using it once a week over a year is the equivalent of one hrt tablet, I use every night, on vulva as well, it gets absorbed well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.