Estriol cream takers....2 or 3 times a week?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm referring to the "pea shape" amount by the vagina.....

I was doing very well on the 3 times a week but then I cut back to 2 times as the directions (Smokey Mtn brand) seems to push the "2" times over the "3" but now I'm starting to have urinary urgy issues again. Ugh!

What is everyone else doing?

Thanks!

Ro

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i ued to use it but am now on vagifem which is a pessary. The advice is that you can use local oestrogen every day in and around the vagina if required as it has such a low absorbtion rate.

• Posted

The article I was referring to above was about daily HRT.

Its from the 8/29/19 issue of The Guardian. Here is a snip:

"The risk of breast cancer from using hormone replacement therapy is double what was previously thought, according to a major piece of research, which confirms that HRT is a direct cause of the cancer."

Also interesting - it seems there is a huge shortage of estrogen in the UK. China has cut back on their supply and the women are very upset.

• Posted

That is mainly for oral HRT, with vaginal estrogen very little gets in your blood stream. I use internally and externally 2x a week but if I need more I use it. My doc gave me freedom to use as little or as much as I need. I use the estrace cream. It's been a life saver. I have a family history of BC and my own issues with fibroids, my oncologist even gave the green light for vaginal estrogen.. research is key to understanding what is going in your body but make sure you're researching the right thing. Not all HRT is the same.

• Posted

it's interesting you mention the BC risk Ro. for that reason i decided to try alternative therapies to pharmaceutically promoted oestrogen. i was recommended FEMEX FORTE, by a holistic doctor. mix approx 1/4 of the capsule with an oil or probiotic natural yogurt, and massage into the vag and labia area once a day, swallow the rest of the capsule. can take 2 caps/day. its an alternative suggestion, it works for me. Its ok to seek advice from other health professionals to find what works for us. if you find something that works for you other than synthetic oestrogen creams, id be keen to hear, as us women need to fight this BC war.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.