Estrogen Cream

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Everyone

I had to stop using my Estrogen Cream 2 weeks before my Hysterectomy, does anyone know when it is safe to start using it again?  

Warmest Wishes

Jacqui smile

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacquie. I believe Estriol cream form, is the safe option. It depends on several factors. I would suggest you to have a look at the CEMCOR page an look for your condition. Kind regards. 
  • Posted

Hi Teresa

Thanks for your reply.  My GP gave me the all clear to use again from 6 weeks after the op, but it took me til Week 8 to get the courage.  Was a bit worried when I could not insert the applicator at first, especially as my bladder and bowel were no longer in the way, but was advised that was because of swelling from the op and it would get easier.  So I am up and running with the Estrogen cream now.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Dear Jaquie. You don't have to use Estriol (it's Estriol you'll be using, right?) intervally. You can use it "outside" so to speak lol. It works as well. There's a video online with bioidentical hormines expert Dr. Jonhatan Wright entitled "Estriol Creams - Vaginal Application Is Best". 
    • Posted

Sorry, Jacquie, I was writing an the thing just entered as final. So I was saying bioidentical hormones expert Dr. Jonhatan Wright video entitled "Estriol Creams - Vaginal Application Is Best" where he says just that. xx
    • Posted

Hi Teresa 

No problem now I can insert properly, but handy to know I can use just outside.  I think my team are trying to prepare me for sex, and being 65 and well past menopause the dryness problem raises its head.  But my poor husband has just had his morphine level raised very high so I don't think that is going to be a problem at the moment.  Shame though because my surgeon has done such a fine job all feeling has returned and I am as good as new!  

Hope you are doing well.

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.