Estrogen only

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi . anyone on here have had a hysterectomy and take estrogen only hrt. have you found it helped?

With what symptoms?

I always thought hrt increased the risk of breast cancer. But just watched a few videos that rhe breast clinic advised me to watch on menopause matters . That has educated me a bit more on menopause and due to my hysterectomy causing menopause abruptly . It's seems better if I do take estrogen only hrt by patch. any one any advice

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi i havent had a hysterecotomy but i went through menopause for 4 uears and was t picked up when it was my estrogen level was so low i had to go on estroven patch only 150 and they have worked amazingly and no side affects but i was advised to have a mirena coil fitted to lower my chances of cervical cancer as im higher risk die to the lack of estrogen hope helpful xx

• Posted

Hello, I haven't had a hysterectomy either sorry so not sure, but I've been on bhrt since last year I'm 43. All I will say is that I avoided taking hrt for the last 25 years because of the cancer risk. I think the whole breast cancer argument has moved on now but all of the health issues I have (ovarian failure, low iron, osteoporis, ulcerative colitis, graves disease, hypothyroidism, auto immune disorders ) was caused by the lack of hormones. If I had my time over again I would do it. You hear in the media about the risks of taking hrt but you never hear about the terrible impact of not taking. Best of luck xxx

• Posted

Hi.. o no that must be awful for you. Yes the breast cancer risk put me off . But after watching video last night if I get ok on fri that groin and hip is not ovarian . I start estrogen patch . Just worried about groin/ pelvis swelling . take care x

• Posted

Hi Barney,

I had a hysterectomy at 30 years old. I am now 56. I have been on HRT estrogen patch. The benefits far out way the possible side effects. I have been working my way down on dosage. I am now at 0.25. There was a time when I let all the media hype scare me away from it. I came off of it. It was not good. I went in and talked with my Doc (which is a woman), and collectively we decided I would go back on. That was about 10 years ago. No regrets. My bones are strong, and even though I have dealt with some menopausal symptoms. They have been mild, and manageable on the patch. That's my story. Hope it brings you some comfort.

Wishing you all the best!

• Posted

Hi Kim. aww lov hearing stories l8ke yours. I'm in it just over a year. I'm lucky my symptoms are mild at present. But I'm hoping with hrt help prevent osteoporosis , dementia etc if I take it to I'm 51 . I do some weight training to help bones. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.