Esyma

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I just wanted to know if anyone on here took Esyma and had any medication to cancel out the extreme tiredness.

I I know that a lot of people I here just put up with it but my job is demanding and I can't be that tired for 3 months.

I have an appointment with Gynocolgy in August to discuss a possible Myomectomy but just thought it might be useful in case Esyma is my only option other than Hysterectomy. I want a Laparascopjc procedure so I don't have two month recovery period.

I have been speaking to a Lady who advised me this.

See if Gyn is willing. to do a laprascopic Myomectomy and ask how many he has had to convert to open surgery. If it's 5%

Or below then maybe it's worth the gamble .if not I can always say no. So I think that is really good advice. If I'm being honest I don't want an open Myomectomy either but I can't see them converting a laprascopic Myomectomy to a laprascopic Hysterectomy. I'm against the latter due to it being converted to an iopen hysterectimy.

Such a pain this condition but I would love to hear from any ladies who have had either Myomectomy or laparascopjc Hysteretxtimy. The only proscedure I'm really against is a Total Open Hysterectomy.

Hope all are well

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you find anything to combat the tiredness I would love to know!! I am on the two month break and I really notice how exhausted I have been. Can I ask why you are so against the open hysterectomy, I only as as due to size and position of my fibroids I have been told this is my only option 😥 ( unless Esmya has managed to shrink them......last check did not look promising).

x

• Posted

Hi Barbara

I don't know about anything for the tiredness as I refuse to take a second course.

I am post UFE so it not impossible that my fibroid could shrink more and also if I hit the Menopause.

The reason I am against Total Hyst are numerous

1 I don't like the fact that they Remove the cervix

2 and I don't like the fact that it can put me into immediate Menopause

3. Bladder and Bowel problems

4 loss of sex drive

5 change of shape

6 most important I don't believe that Organs should be sacrificed for a non cancerous not fatal condition. At the moment I suffer 1 week in every month and I look pregnant but at least I don't have any other problems. With Hyst I am swapping temporary medical problems with permanent medical problems. If they refuse a Myomectomy I will stay away and let the Menopause take care of my Fibroid. Maybe if the hospital had given me choices at the beginning I would have trusted them now I don't

Sorry

Long winded but true

• Posted

I totally understand where you are coming from, I have done 9 months on Esmya, before that I was on Provera, and for around three years now I have bled almost constantly (apart from while on Esmya, this has given me a welcome break) I have been in dreadful pain......I can see no option but to get these things out of me, I can't have them removed because of where they are and can't live like this.......I just wish my menopause would kick in but is showing no sign of being near! I have spoken to many people who have reluctantly had this surgery and I feel ok with the decision now, but I did not take this lightly, I am insisting that unless my cervix and ovaries look diseased they are to stay, just want fibroids gone and unfortunately that means a hysterectomy! I do understand your views, just don't feel that I have a choice.

I wish you well and hope things work out for you.

Barb x

• Posted

Hi Barbara

I get what you mean but I can handle my symptoms my tummy is big I cover it with baggy tops. The period is very heavy but only for a few days then I am fine.

I do still intend to push for Myomectomy unless I get a medical reason for refusal.

If I knew for a fact that Hysterectomy would not leave me with lifelong problems then I would do it in a heartbeat.

What it comes down to in the end is how bad your Fibroid symptoms are mine are annoying but manageable so would have to be a lot worse before I would even consider it.

As long as you arrive at that decision that's fine. Cos a lot of them make that decision for you.

Hope you get a full recovery if you do decide to go for a Hysterectomy.

• Posted

Hello Patricia, sounds like I am in a similar position to you - large, multiple fibroids, distended abdomen, heavy periods causing anaemia. I have only been offered a hysterectomy which would only ever be a last resort for me so am just hoping the menopause is not too far off. I have had one course of esmya but don't recall extreme tiredness. I am very interested in less invasive options and wondered if you had looked into Vizablate which I understand may be available in the UK or Acessa which is available in the US. I have been told Vizablate would not be suitable for me. Just wish I could have the option of trying Acessa. Would be interested to know if you have any experience of these procedures?

• Posted

Hi heppy

I have never heard of Vizablate I will ask about that. I still want a Laprascopic Myomectomy though. I have also had UFE which did shrink it but not enougn.

Other than Esyma I have also had Zoladex which was terrible hot flushes of the chart will never have it again.

I may be cynical but I think Esyma brings the Menopause. The end goal for gynacologist is to get us on HRT either by Hysterectomy or otherwise but that's just my opinion. I'm wary of Gymacolist due to the 1st one I saw lying to me.

Hope you get your natural Menopause soon or something to take it away.

I hionesltu believe that if more women refused Hysterectomy they would stop pushing Women with Fibroid into them.

Anyway thanks for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.