Esyma and liver function test

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was on Esyma to reduce my uterine fibroid (7 cm large) for 24 days and when I did my liver function test, the results showed three times increase in my AST levels. I was instructed to stop my Esyma on Day 24 by my uro-gynaecologist immediately.. My period was due a day ago but not symptoms. When would my period become regular again? Also a long shot but should I get a scan to see if my fibroid shrunk?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you have liver test before you took Esmya? I've read some articles that it had cause some liver problems on few people whilst on medication. I was scared to take it last year buy doctor said my liver was fine. I had 10cm fibroid so I just give it a shot as I was scared of surgery. I took Esmya first day of my period, 29jan19 till 22apr. No period during this time. Period was back 2 weeks after last medicine. My fibriod shrink a bit, 1-2cm but decided later on that if i have to really want a baby, I have to remove it and have a surgery which i did

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yes I had to take my liver function test before starting Esyma and sadly after 24 days my liver function levels escalated too high and it looked to causing more damage to my liver. I am afriad of surgery as well and hoped the Esyma would shrink it without me having to resort to surgery. I wonder if it will shrink but will take a scan maybe in 3 months' time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.