Etanercept

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

can anyone tell me how often you have blood checked when on weekly injection of Etanercept please.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, i have my blood test every 3 months. my appointments has been cancelled twice, but still advised to have the blood tests. Aldo told i was vulnerable on the injections and isolate as much as possible.

• Posted

Hi Susan

I'm every 3 months now, but in the beginning it was every two. I'm due next week. Not looking forward to going for the test tho,' at this present time.

Take Care and keep safe

• Posted

thank you for the reply . i'm going to ask why my bloods aren't being checked regularly, the last one showed high liver enzymes now after a break from injections all seems ok , i have to have a blood test in 2 weeks then nothing until Aug which seems a long gap .

• Posted

Hi Susan

I had the same high reading a couple of years ago. Levels returned to normal after two weeks off injections, but i still went every month for 3 months i think.

Also, i was taken off methotrexate at the time, and put on Etanercept. Are you staying on the same medication? If so, for peace of mind, it would be sensible to have more regular checks.

Have a word with your RA nurse, if possible

Good Luck

Cheryl

• Posted

hi Cheryl , im staying on the same medication ( Etanercept).

Thank you for the reply . i'm so anxious right now as most people are.

• Edited

It's understandable to be anxious, but try not to worry. Ring to check your markers after your next test. I'm sure you will be fine. Look after yourself

Cheryl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.