ETD and temperature or air pressure changes

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've appreciated reading through most of these posts and responses in the ETD discussion, as they have given some good tips, but most importantly have made me understand I am not crazy.

Well, I am wondering if anybody with ETD suffers more on days where the temperature and/or atmosphere changes quickly.  For me, it seems to get much worse when the atmosphere gets really moist or it rains.  It also feels worse if the temperature changes rapidly.  I live in the Deep South in the US, which is very humid and oftentimes rain and thunderstorms pop up suddenly.  My head gets tingly and head pressure, tightness in my neck and throat, and my ears all worsen.  Sometimes, my hands will get a bit tingly.  On clearer days, I feel almost normal.  A good portion of my job is outdoors, either in a car or outside and the pop up storms throw me for a real loop.  While on a scene today it started pouring rain and I felt it for the rest of the day.  

I think I've said this in other posts or comments, but I am definetly slowly improving, and I feel much better than I did a year ago, which has eased some anxiety, which has in turn contirbuted to me improving.  I have googled the link between sinuses and ETD, etc. with atmosphere and air pressure, but have not seen anything definitive.  I do grow inpatient with google searches, so I usually abandon them very quickly since so much of the responses are either not useful, crazy, or efforts to sell products.  So, I thought I would see what others here think.  Interested to see some responses.  

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I see you have same troubles as myself ( Youve joined a club) weather conditions play a really bi part . It's called Baratrauma . Think it's on the increase everywhere world wide , even to more people being diagnosed with Asthma . Head pressure gets terrible  like it's been put in a vice and squeezed . Yes I get tingly hands , not every day but it's there . I've tried everything out there drs meds and chemist shop , the latest one is AVAMYS its drs script . May want to try that one . I don't Google no point . Best to stay asking people's who suffer the same condition . Im sorry your suffering ,I've had this for almost 12 years . Still wanting help so your not alone out there . Do you get your Mastoid bones swelling up ? Another add on to sinuses . All affects ones balance . Think anxiety come along with it ,little wonder there as to why we get that ,it's a stressful condition having both. . Regards ( Im in UK ) 

• Posted

Hi Marlene I'm new to this condition,but noticed on Sat which was a very stormy day lots of thunder .My symptoms were much worse.

• Posted

Marlene, I have to admit, I had to look up mastoid bone to make sure I knew exactly where it was.  Yes, I think that is what it is and is swells, but it is mainly on the left side where I feel the most ETD/ear fullness, whatever.  I've not connected that, but I think that is what is happening because it will ache, along with tightness in the neck and throat.  

Seems like it gets worse in the evening time, too.  Does that sound familiar.  Things are slowly improving for me, which is a real blessing.

Thanks for your input.  The two ENTs and the GPs I've visited have just shrugged their shoulders.  The medical profession is great with acute problems and accidents, but are either powerless or careless when it comes to chronic syndromes.  

Thanks,

Steve

• Posted

There is a connection and there are many articles on this as well. One of the weather apps even has this as an option to view for people with migranes, sinus issues. This is real.
    • Posted

Lisalisa, which app is it?  I'd like to check it out and see if there is a connection.  thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.