ETD And Tinnitus Help Please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone I am 18 years old i have destroyed my ears honestly i feel stupid for causing my self these problems. It all started when i felt a bit of ear wax when i put my finger in my ears.. so i went and got a cotton bud and used it and being stupid i pushed it really deep causing me to push my earwax deep to my eardrum. my ear felt really stuffed and was effecting my hearing so next morning i went to the GP and they said i had a lot of ear wax and prescribed me oil drops to remove the ear wax. I was told it would take 2 weeks and i really didnt want to wait so i went to a private clinic with a lot of good reviews and got a procedure which sucks out my ear wax using a suction tool. after that procedure a day later i got an ear infection in both ears which caused my ETD and about a month and a half later i got my tinnitus. i went to the GP again and again and they kept telling me to give it time and relax and it should go away but its been 2 months since then and nothing has changed

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I'm having therapy to help me deal with my ear issues. I'm afraid with ETD's it can be just a waiting game, it's one of those annoying things that takes time. Sometimes a nasal spray can help, has your GP offered you those? 

Please try not to stress, it really will make your tinnitus worse (trust me, I know). I have an app on my phone that has sounds on for when my tinnitus is bad, and I'm never in a quiet place, as that makes me worry more. 

Best wishes to you, Kirsty. 

• Posted

Thanks for the Advice and No the GP have not offered me anything im just stuck trying any tips i can find on the internet. And what makes it a lot worse for me is that im at the age were i should be going clubbing and drinking alcohol..... Having fun but i cant because of my ETD and tinntitus. So it does really make it depressing when i see all my friends having fun and im not. As for the tinnitus it used to stress me out really badly to the point were i would think whats the point in living, but about a month later i realized i have to keep my self busy and not think about it at all. The GP did say that the cause of the tinnitus is most likely because of the ETD so they think once the ETD is gone so should the tinnitus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.