ETD ear popping headaces

Posted , 2 users are following.

so about two and half months ago i had a common cold when it started to heal i started to get headaces odd ones mostly when sitting down , then i started to get sick again my ear was full , i went to an ent i went to my gp but nothing has really helped i still have poping in my left ear with mild ear aces and headaces when sitting its making my life hell i cant enjoy life as i used to and im only 25 , not seeing an end to this really . 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daniel, does the level of hearing change when your Ears pop and does the side of the neck feel tender? Did they do any tests at ENT to see what was causing the ETD? If it's infection you will need antibiotics. There are plenty of things you can do to help unblock your Eustachian Tube, you could try swallowing with your Nose pinched, use nasal decongestants or vapours like albas oil/vicks, some try blowing a balloon up through their nose, and possibly using a facial steamer with oils in is the most comfortable (If you have on), or a bowl of boiling water and a towel. Once the blockage has gone, there will be no pressure thats causing Ear Ache and Head Aches, plus the fluid will drain, so no more popping, things should return to normality.

• Posted

all of this has been done three diffrent antibotics , nasal spray all with no real help i cant properly pop my ear its no longer really closed but poping and the head ace , yes i do have some neck aces as well but not so much and mostly headace when sitting down , only after a glass of wine i feel abit better with is not nice 
    • Posted

It's a tough one, did they take a swab from your Ear? Are you coughing up any Phlegm? Have you tried puting your finger tip on your ear, making a seal, then pushing until it pops. Try avoiding ear buds/ in ear headphones. Alcohol is bound to ease your discomfort, but I wouldn't rely on it to much as it can cause its own problems.

• Posted

no they havent taken anything out of my ear to test, and im not coughing at all anymore just suffering
    • Posted

Just asking, because I had an Ear Infection for Months, taking all kind of antibiotics and it wasn't untill another Doctor took a swab, discovering that the infection was resistant against all of them, was given the propper Meds (turned out they were Eye Drops), at things cleared up in about a Week, although it still comes and goes. But I'm waiting for surgery to cut down future risk of infection traveling to the Brain. So a swab may help.  

• Posted

well i got drops that are eye drops as well as well as threee oral antibotics , this seem to taken over my life the slight ear pain headaces and all its getting me down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.