ETD / PET fixed permanently

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I'm going to try to make this as short and to the point as I can. I suffered through patulous eustachian tube (right ear) for 20 years with the last few of them being an every day all day (while not lying down) nightmare. I had 3 (machine breathing for me) surgeries, the first 2 were unsuccessful leading me to my point here. If you want it fixed this is what you need. The 3rd surgery was to fill the eustachian tube with bone cement and was successful (thank god). Don't accept a tube in the eardrum, injections, acid scarring, like I did before the first 2 surgeries, it doesn't work. These were all completely useless. If you have serious PET/ETD get the tube filled with nothing other than bone cement or an equivalent.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi D-Tree, 20 yrs!??! I don't know how you were able to cope that long, but obviously you did somehow. I am so glad to hear some news update from another human-being on this disorder that many people continue to be unaware of.

What did you mean by "machine-breathing" surgeries? You had bone-cement on your ETs?!  This sounds extreme, as I have read about ENTs using "cosmetic" -soft -fillers to temporarily "plump" up the ET walls to thicken, but never heard of bone cement.   The public do not realize or do not understand how horrible this serious PET medical disorder is, which is the opposite of ETD. Many seem to develop this after long-term ETD suffering or after some other form of facial injury. 

Who was your Dr. who finally treated you? I applaud your bravery over this many years.  Your information and experience would be so extremely helpful for everyone.  Thank you for signing in, to think of others who are and may be suffering on the same thing.  -V.

• Posted

Morning,  Filling the tube with bone cement,,,,,,what is that procedure called, as I've never heard of it.

I've suffered Eustachian Tube Dysfunction for 40 yrs and would be so grateful for a permanent solution

for the readful condition.  Patulous, I think is when the tubes stays open all the time, isn't it ??  Mine get

blocked with mucus due to Sinus, Rhinitis and Allergy issues.

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.