ETD ruining my life

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i have had what they call mild eustachian tube dysfunction. I have been sent for balance tests which all came back satisfactory. I have mild hearing loss in both ears. This has been going on since march this year. My ears constantly feel full they are always popping and crackling. I feel unbalanced and dizzy. When they are bad i feel very dizzy and it makes my eyes hurt and gives me headaches. Sometimes i am so bad i cant drive. I have been asked a few times if i have had covid and could be suffering with long covid as i also have problems with maintaining my iron levels. I am constantly exhausted. Just getting to even see anyone medical is a nightmare. The past few days my ears have been particularly bad. Constant ear pressure, crackling and the dizziness is so bad. I have 3 children and its affecting them as well. I have been told my balance tests etc will be carried out again in 4 months and nothing is to be done in the meantime. Is anyone else going through the same? Sorry if this is a bit garbled im feeling very woozy and looking at a screen makes me feel worse. Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I forgot to add i have almost constant ringing in my ears as well. I can also hear my heartbeat in my ear on occasion. noises like clapping really affects me also loud noises.

• Posted

hi everyone, sorry I think I posted one yesterday but if it didn't show up then writing again.

I have same issue with ear completely blocked I had Tinnitus and light-headedness and anxiety .. my heart also start beating very fast. I went to doc he gave me Prednoslon (pardon spelling).. but another said that in Covid times, it's not safe to take that steriod as it weekens immunity.

After struggling for over a week , I was completely helpless took heaps of antihistamine and pain killers and anti depressants, steam, gargels nasal rinse, antibiotics but nothing worked..... but finally I found "Bhramari Pranayaam" .. oh my God, it worked like a charm. 1st day I did I felt my Eustachian tube open from inside throat and sensation of my humming travelling up to ear drums... and second day I did ,it popped my ear and haven't felt better in last 8 days !!!

please google how it's done.. and do it it's safe and simple!!!! just close your ears with thumb and cover your eyes with fingers all the way closer to where eyes meet at nose. (keep nose open).. and the take deep long breath and then humm loudly through your nose and slowly breathing out.. you can feeling humming is opening up brain and vibrations starting to travel through eustachian tube to ears. (depends how blocked you ear is !.. for mine I did 10 rounds and with every round I can feel vibrations travelling further up to my ear drum)..

good luck everyone. hope this works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.