ETD TUBE

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is there anyone who had a tube put in the ear for ETD, that it helped?. Just confused on rather or not to have it done. Even tho ENT says the ear drum is retracting and causing a bone to rise, thus possibly a cause for dizziness. I have Tinnitis as well..Feel like I have to do something!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had tubes put in both ears due to etd. They took a while to settle down but they did help. They were only temporary ones and I did have a couple of infections whilst they were in but my ears didn't block up at all. I would recommend them. But please be aware they took a few weeks to settle down.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I was reading a few forums where ppl said it didn't help, so I was curious if it did. One had only had it done for a week, so evidently she didn't five it much time..thank you again..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.