Etopic pregnancy.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can any one tell me if the had a normal pregnancy after an etopic pregnancy.My first was a miscarriage then my second an etopic . Do I have false hopes of getting pregnant again , please be honest with me

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle!

I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2013 and had my left tube removed in the process. I had infertility problems, so my chances of getting pregnant again we low. I had a son in 2011 after going through fertility treatments. We decided to try again after the ectopic. I was on clomid for one month and got pregnant right away. I have a beautiful 2 1/2 yay old girl. I know how devastating your lots is, but yes it is possible to have a baby after having an ectopic. I am not sure of this is helpful or not, but I am Catholic and sent away to St. Lucy's church for a St.Gerard medallion. Thought it couldn't hurt. I got pregnant right around his feast day. On the other side of the medallion was Our Lady of Perpetual Help. My little girl was born on her feast day. Coincidence? Probably, but it did offer me much comfort inn my pregnancy. Hope the best for you!!!!! Lots of love to you!

• Posted

I strongly believe there is hope. I had a miscarriage in 2013. Three months later I became pregnant again and gave birth to a healthy little girl. This fall I became pregnant again and in November I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy at 7 weeks. I only have one functioning Fallopian tube and (most likely) one functional ovary (that is congenital though). In February I found out I was pregnant again and now I'm 8 weeks. I've seen the little beating heart for myself.

My OB/GYN was fully supportive of trying again and had no doubts about me conceiving again. She told me before my surgery in November that even if I lost both tubes, there were ways to finagle a pregnancy still. I would recommend talking to your doctor since all our bodies are different and hopefully that will ease your fears. I think overall you have a good chance still.

Also, I know a girl who had a baby, then a miscarriage, then an ectopic and now is pregnant again and is half way through this pregnancy. There is hope!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.