eurrrgh!

Posted , 5 users are following.

i stopped taking the tablets last tuesday for a week off as i was going out on a hen day spa day thing (with 3 course gourmet meal), a hen night (all you can eat chinese but i behaved far better than i would have before!) and i got married on friday which came with a sit down meal - not that i ate much of it as i was in a lace up dress with a big train which made going to the loo difficult so eating and drinking went out the window.

been away for the weekend for a mini honeymoon as we're not going on the proper one for another 8 weeks but whilst away i used the hotel gym and pool.

got on the scales this morning and have put on 8lbs :oops: :cry: i still have the incentive of going on honeymoon to help chivy me on but i couldnt believe how much i have piled on considering when i went on an all-inclusive hol i ate n drank lots, didnt do much exercising but only put on 3lbs

i am due a weigh in soon and i dont know how i will loose enough by then to stay on them, i'll need to loose about 10lbs :?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

firstly congrats on your wedding. :bubbly:

secondly are you sure you have to still be aiming for a target to remain on the tablets? I was lead to believe it was only the first month to make sure you were right for them (as sometimes they just don't work for people).

Don't beat yourself up about it I expect as you had a week off the tablets when you go back on you will get (fingers crossed) a fairly big weight loss as if you had just started on them.

• Posted

Hi Sparkles,

Don't get disheartened! I know thats easy to say, I've been on the tabs a week tommorow and my scales haven't budged as yet, I'm gutted but im gonna try and stick with it!

Are they your own scales that you've weighed yourself on? cos i know mine arent always 100%, you never know your doctors scales may give you a pleasant surprise!

Good Luck

:D

• Posted

Congrats on the wedding im hoping my day will come soon... :D :D

I agree with Vicster1, are they the scales you always use or are they new ones? Different scales make a HUGE difference!!! I have promised myself not to use any other scales than the one's at my nurse. She said to me if she was ever away and I needed a weigh in with a different nurse I had to ask to go use her's coz all scales are different. That is the only reason I can see in the high weight increase when you were constanly aware of what you were eating and drinking.

I dont think the Doc will take you off them for one increase that happened over your WEDDING and mini HONEYMOON!!!! and if he does...he is a horrible man!!!!!

Personally I think you done BRILLIANT no matter what the scales say.It is a huge mind adjustment to be aware of everything that goes into your mouth. Dont be too hard on yourself Sparkles, like Suza said, maybe when you go back on the tablets you will see a big difference.

Enjoy being newly married.....

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

Thanks for your kind messages!

My doctors POV on these is that she will keep me on them while i can show her they are helping me loose weight, i have plateaued a few times over the last 11 months i have been on them and she's been understanding but if i go and have gained i doubt she'll be so lenient.

I always weigh on the same scales at home, always in the same place, same time (first thing in the morning after loo) and wear nothing so its consistent, I just wasnt expecting such a humumous gain!!!

I was hoping to stay on them another 2 - 3 months then we're going to start trying to have a baby but i wanted my weight to be lower for when i try, i may need all the help i can get as i have PCOS.

I got back on the tablets this morning and back on the green tea so hoping that i may be able to shift enough before i have my weigh in!

• Posted

Definately don't get disheartened, you can't not enjoy your wedding and things and it sounds like you had quite a bit of restraint. Is that 8lb in one week? Hopefully you'll see a good loss at the next weigh in.
  • Posted

yeh 8lbs since i weighed myself last tues mornin to this mornin sad
  • Posted

Congratulations on your wedding. I don't understand why your scales show such an increase. Explain to your Doctor how you showed great restraint, surely under the circumstances after all you don't get married every day. Keep going hopefully it'll come off as quickly as it came on- got everything crossed for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.