Euschatin tube fluid in ear

Posted , 3 users are following.

came home on 5/8 with a cold from flying and found out I have fluid in my euschatin tubes. Went to dr who put me on z pak and 1x day predisone for 5 days. Not better so went to ent and was informed my hearing was fine and my eardrum intact so put me me on a heavy dose of predisone for 6 days and afrin nose spray every 12 hrs for 3 days only and steroid nose spray. Has anyone had this problem and got better.? I have no headaches or vertigo just loss of appetite. Will my hearing return. Never had ear problems in my last 64 yrs and had colds but never affected my ears until I flew home from ny. Am I doomed. It has now been 2 weeks and I live with it if I knew it would come back in a few weeks as I'm unable to still,pop my left ear. Anybody with the same problem please let me know. I know if I didn't fly with this cold this would have never happened. Thanks to all.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

you are not doomed!  The heavier dose of prednisone should be effective.....is it 20mg twice/day for 6 days?  If that does not work it's best to recontact your ENT for further treatment.  Your hearing will return unless there is a more serious diagnosis which is unlikely in your case.

• Posted

Hello Anne,

I have been suffering from ETD for last 4.5 months and all related to rhinitis and allergies. ENT to ENT and nothing resolved. Finally went to an allergist and found out I was allergic to a few things. So I would say go to a good allergist and see what is causing it. I am on the path to recovery now.

As per his recommendations he put me on

1. allegra and

2. a nasal spray now Xlear, Xylitol Sinus Care Spray, 1.5 Fl Oz which you can get from Amazon and also

3. Xlear Sinus Care Rinse System With Xylitol -- 1 Kit which also is available on Amazon.

You can google xlear and talk to their office and they will explain everything.

Hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.