Eustachian/ ETD Statistics and Details

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is there any pools of data out there with statistics. I'm trying to start a thread where we can post details to see if the condition is related to one specific. You can copy and paste, and add category's if you wish. Answer what you feel comfortable with.

Type of ETD- Right ear would not open. Now will not un-pop

Time with ETD- 4months

Event that started ETD- Cold lead to middle ear infection with fluid

Treaments- Steroid, antibiotic, nasal steroid, pseudoephedrine

Age- 39

Race- Caucasian

Complection- Fair/red hair/freckles

Diet- balanced/nondairy- mainly non processed food

Supplements- wide variety

Workout- 3 days per week

Build- tall/thin

Alcohol- Ocassionally/ rarely with ETD

Nicotine- only with alcohol- none while with ETD

Astma- yes

Allergies- slight

Job- service tech

Indoor pets- dog

Fly- Rarely

Driving environment- Hills

swim/dive- Rarely

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello there.

Most of the above for me too.

I know what causes my ETD, it's allergies and Rhinitis,

Post Nasal Drips, that I know seems to get into my

eustachian tubes.  I too am an asthmatic, but completely

controlled with the medication I'm currently using.

Allergies:  Cats, dogs, house dust, (I try so hard to keep the dust down, with damp dusting, but impossible to completely eradicate,

Pollen, tree mould. cigarette smoke (never smoked) but affects me if I' round it and perfumes.

Catching a cold, fortunately something I rarely do, so that's a bonus,

But when one does it's the ears that suffer.  Just can't understand

why some peoples clear when cold has gone, but others suffer for

ages after, even permanently.

Anne

• Posted

As for allergies, my major focus recently is where I spend the most time in one spot... Bed for 8 hours. I bought all new bedding, and covered the mattress and pillow cases in a sleep defense system. Make sure they stay zipped up well before putting them through the wash. If you cover your bed or go on a deep clean mission, wear a dust mask. I also, threw all my pillows from my couch in the dryer on high heat. Bought a popular brand name vacuum for households with pets. Its for hard wood floors and tile, its main function is steam, but it also vacuums. I do not have carpet in my house. Buy the best air filter for your furnace/AC and change it more often than recommended Be careful, if it prevents too much air flow it may cause the furnace to overheat or AC to freeze up. If you have congestion from allergies, prevent further congestion by cutting out major dairy consumption... or at least try it for 4 weeks.

I have zero congestion, no noticeable allergies, and my asthma has improved since I dropped dairy. Just a Eustachian tube that will not cooperate.

Wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.