Eustachian Tube Dilation Recovery???

Posted , 1 user is following.

So after suffering with constant ear infections, decreased hearing, retracted ear drums, ringing in my ears, and tubes in my ears every 8-12 months until my ear drums became so thin and scarred they couldnt place anymore, I had the balloon dialation done 2 weeks ago exactly. Was told i wouldnt see much difference for a couple months, but no recovery needed. Please tell me this is normal???? I woke up from surgery with the worst pain in my throat imaginable, the nurse suspected the nasal spray they used burned or irritated my throat. Fast forward to the next morning and I can Not hear out of my left ear and muffled out of the right, fast forward 2 days and both ears are terribly muffled and unless im looking directly at someone and they are talking loudly I can Not Hear at all. Like i stand outside and I dont hear the noise of cars driving nearby. I did not hear my daughter when she woke up, my husband had to wake me. The hearing seems to be getting worse as post op time is going. Im currently on the last day of a 6 day prednisone pack for swelling, on day 3 of antibiotics because my ears are starting to ache, using Nasacort once a day, Afrin once a day, Nasal mist 3-4 times a day, Claritin once a day, nasal rinse once a day, and advil every 5-6 hours to bring down swelling. None of it is working!!! Let me add Im a police dispatcher and I really need my hearing back 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.