Eustachian tube dilation success stories

Posted , 53 users are following.

Who has had the eustachian tube dilation and it was a success for you! I have met only 1 person. Mine was NOT a success. They say the success rate is 80%. I would like to hear from anyone who it has worked for.....was it instant or it took weeks for you to feel that it worked.??

0 likes, 163 replies

163 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Eustation tube dilation..causes patulous eustation tube ..myself and 3 others on Patulous eustation tube forum/fb..dont do it..exhaust all other options..
    • Posted

Hi Abra,

Thank you for sharing your case. It cautioned me now that I had been thinking as dilation as a possible solution to my ETD. 

I hope you find a solution soon enough. Us in this forum, know how hard this can be...

• Posted

Hi Gökçe...Could you please send me the doctors name and contact information which Burak has posted you?I need to have a surgery asap....

• Posted

abra.

pls help. i did the balloon dilation 5 days ago. i think i have what you have. when i speak the inside of my head vibrates. especially mmmm and ummm sounds. does it get better???

• Posted

EDA merhaba gecmis olsun doktorun adi YUsufhan Suoglu.gec cevap icin kusura bakma yeni gordum. Umarim isine yarar hala
    • Posted

excuse me everyone I thought my previous reply was a direct message; Eda the doctors name is Yusufhan Suoglu
    • Posted

I was wondering if you guys know any good Eustachian Balloon Dilation doctor here in the United States?
    • Posted

my DR is in Sherman Oaks CALIFORNIA. DR. Ali Namazie

• Posted

Abra,

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Have you found any relief? my boyfriend just had this procedure done 5 days ago on both ears. he is having issues with one where it feels open and feels like he can feel wind it it and also sounds are more echocey and brighter in that ear. Can I. ask how soon after your procedure you started to feel PET symptoms?

• Posted

Hello Dianney, I've suffered ETD for more years than I care to remember. Dilation wasn't suitable for me. I wouldn't have thought that your boyfriend should now be suffering from PET. I think that's worse that blocked ears. You can hear yourself speak, it feels dreadful. Speak with the surgeon who did his procedure and ask if this is normal. Personally, I wouldn't think it is.

Anne

• Posted

Hello Kelly,

I can give you a solution which will clear your problem completely. 1) Shed your fat 2) Start jogging, aerobics everyday(must, this is a magical cure) 3) Start swimming(must) 4) Steam inhalation 5) Saline water irrigation 6) Use a breathing mask to cover your nose 7) Cover your head while sleeping 8) Do pranayams 9) this starts at night when you sleep and your breathing rate becomes low, so consult your doctor how to alleviate that problem, can use an antisnoring device or CPAP, Or blow air inside your sinuses

• Posted

Why is swimming imperative?  I imagine any cardiovascular activity will suffice?  Please let me know some details as to why you recommend swimming.   Also, when you mention saline water irrigation, I assume you mean using a neti pot?  And lastly, what do you cover your head with while sleeping. 
  • Posted

Alternatively start riding a bicycle. Before going to bed go for cycling, jogging, increase your air intake, daily blow a conch, do valsalva manuevre
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

For what reason did you have the surgery? I have tinnitus because of my dysfunction. Or so I believe. It hasn't been properly diagnosed. Was that what you had your OP for? 

• Posted

I was told I had ETD......i had the dilation done twice? Not successful. My new doctor doesn't think it's ETD but a inner ear issue. Sick of it all and the thousands and thousands of dollars spent for absolutely nothing!

• Posted

Casey.....my symptoms right now is pressure, popping and clicking and crackling.
    • Posted

Do you experience the ear noises when you swallow or just on their own or both?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.