Eustachian tube disfunction-blocked ears after double inner ear infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been plagued with colds recently (same as my whole family) and seemed to have them on and off for 2 1/2 months). during this time my right ear started getting a blocked feeling and I started getting neck tension on the same side starting behind my ear and then into my shoulder. after a while my left ear started playing up too although with less of a problem with my neck on that side. a trip to a doctor later and it turns out I had a double ear infection-redness in the ear canal and bulging ear drums. a week on antibiotics and the redness is gone and my ear drums are not bulging anymore but I'm left with the blocked feeling and the tension in the right side of my neck wont go either. does anyone e know of anything I can do to help shift this? the doctors said it's a swelling left over in the eustachian tubes and it just needs time to hopefully go away but I had no indication of how long from them. I appreciate it can vary from person to person but should I be assuming weeks or months (assuming it goes at all as I know sometimes it can become chronic). has anyone else had neck tension with this as well? i'm not sure if its directly related or maybe just stress related as this is making me really uptight. any information would be great.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I too have plugged lt ear with pain going down my neck /shoulder .....even tho ive tried tubes ,balloon dilation still no satisfaction to be honest with you or relief .Upon my follow up @having spent 5000 dollars no answers they loomed in my ear said looks clear ,looked in the Eustation tube said it was clear ....when i asked why the neck pain his answer was has nothing to do with your ears

So still no answers also it makes noise swishing sounds when i move my jaw or blow my nose .

Hopefully il get some answers so was thinking possibly doing acupressure ???

• Posted

I too have plugged lt ear with pain going down my neck /shoulder .....even tho ive tried tubes ,balloon dilation still no satisfaction to be honest with you or relief .Upon my follow up @having spent 5000 dollars no answers they loomed in my ear said looks clear ,looked in the Eustation tube said it was clear ....when i asked why the neck pain his answer was has nothing to do with your ears

So still no answers also it makes noise swishing sounds when i move my jaw or blow my nose .

Hopefully il get some answers so was thinking possibly doing acupressure ???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.