Eustachian Tube Disorder Stories/Successes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone have any success/progress stories with this? I'm at my wits end here.

What started as an ear infection turned to hearing loss in the right ear is now effecting my left ear. The only thing that helped was having my Wisdom Teeth Removed but that quickly went away as I seem to have 1-2 excess teeth. I don't know where to turn to as all the ENT could muster is "I'm stumped."

Any suggestions? I could try tackling my malocclusion or TMJ disorder. I could try going to the allergist or fix my deviated septum. I could look into ballon or adenoid procedures eventually. This has completely destroyed my will to live and function. My only dream was to be a composer/producer now I'm trapped in a world where I can only hear muffles and occasional tinnitus. I really don't know where to turn! I'm only 23 and barely scrapping by. Any advice would help!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Ozlo

You're clearly going through a nightmare right now and I really feel for you. If its any help, I was diagnosed with sensoneural hearing loss and ETD in my left ear two years ago, to match the hearing loss in my right ear! I'm a musician and my condition resulted in me stopping playing and even listening to music for 18 months as it seemed totally out of tune to me .

I went through anxiety and became pretty depressed, grieving for my previous life.

However, 2 years down the line I'm much better. My hearing hasn't improved (once it's gone, it's gone!) and my ETD flares up occasionally, but I'm now playing music again, flying without anxiety and any after effects and much more like my old self . For me, the big difference has been my mental approach. I now do not worry about my condition and get on with life and do not let it stop me doing what i want to do. I know it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel

when you are suffering as you are, but time really is a great healer.

Cheers, Bill

PS Don't get hooked on internet forums (except this one!) like i did as they can be massively misleading and depressing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.