Eustachian tube drains slowly? normal? and other questions

Posted , 8 users are following.

About a week and a half ago, I started feeling alot of pressure in my ears. I had just recovered from a cold/sinusitis. My ENT doc confirmed it was indeed eustachian tube disfunction and that it will go away on its own.

Well 2 days ago after laying on a heat pad, I started feeling fluid in my ear start moving down my throat. It was a weird sensation. 

It hasn't cleared up all the way, I can still feel fluid in my ear try to drain again. The pressure I felt in my ear is definitely less though.

I would think it would just drain all at once, but I guess it drains slowly? Is this normal?

Also, are there any foods that I should be avoiding that might make it worse?

Never dealt with this before so I'm not sure what I should be expecting smile

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hi.. Mine started 3months ago and I have visited the ENT at three different occasions and i was given antibiotics which I have been taking but I haven't really seen improvement and I don't know what to do again..Plz help me also

• Posted

I have had mine for a month and still the same and know what you mean. I even bought that eustachi which doesn't work on me which shoots up Air into your nose as my entvssud I can try it but if this is the same way in sept I'm considering getting the balloon dilation. Some people says it takes longer and my ent says it could take up to 16 weeks and going back to see him in sept

• Edited

Thanks but am so scared that it won't go away.My life is no longer fun,my ENT doctor keeps telling me my ear is fine but it's isn't

• Posted

I felt like you as mine has gotton a little better after 5 weeks. I felt no hope to as my ent told me it will return and can be as long as up to 4 months. I started taking musinex sinus max 2 gel tabs a day but still can't pop my ears. Some days feel good and other days ear feels full. I have no intention getting tubes or any other surgery. Try to keep busy and not think about it as still use the steroid nose spray 3X a day. smile

• Edited

Hi Cynthia, how are your ears now? I've had the same problems for about 3 months now post covid. And it really sucks! I hope you're all good now?

• Posted

hi , not sure if it is too late.

I am having same troubles.. my ear feel blocked and I also have feeling for light headedness and a bit of vertigo and tinnitus.

I tried doing everything, but today tried to do a yoga called " Brhamari Pranayam".. in this I closed me ears with my Thumbs of both hands and rest of the fingers closing my eyes... and then humm the sound through my nose and ears while breaking out slowly... it has trembled my ear and seems some pressure is relieved.

I will do it again tomorrow and will keep updated if it helped.

• Edited

hi everyone, sorry I think I posted one yesterday but if it didn't show up then writing again.

I have same issue with ear completely blocked I had Tinnitus and light-headedness and anxiety .. my heart also start beating very fast. I went to doc he gave me Prednoslon (pardon spelling).. but another said that in Covid times, it's not safe to take that steriod as it weekens immunity.

After struggling for over a week , I was completely helpless took heaps of antihistamine and pain killers and anti depressants, steam, gargels nasal rinse, antibiotics but nothing worked..... but finally I found "Bhramari Pranayaam" .. oh my God, it worked like a charm. 1st day I did I felt my Eustachian tube open from inside throat and sensation of my humming travelling up to ear drums... and second day I did ,it popped my ear and haven't felt better in last 8 days !!!

please google how it's done.. and do it it's safe and simple!!!! just close your ears with thumb and cover your eyes with fingers all the way closer to where eyes meet at nose. (keep nose open).. and the take deep long breath and then humm loudly through your nose and slowly breathing out.. you can feeling humming is opening up brain and vibrations starting to travel through eustachian tube to ears. (depends how blocked you ear is !.. for mine I did 10 rounds and with every round I can feel vibrations travelling further up to my ear drum)..

good luck everyone. hope this works for you.

• Posted

Hi, how are your ears now? I have the same problems for about 3 months now. It hasn't got worse, but it's not better either. I hope you're all good now after 8 months?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.