Eustachian tube dysfunction, fatigue and alcohol

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, I've been having problems with my eustachian tubes for years now and a couple of months ago this developed into vertigo.

the vertigo has now almost gone, but I still find I wake up totally shattered and feel lousy most of the day, my ears crackle away.

the weirdest thing is that if I have a drink of alcohol I feel better the day after, I'm aware that alcohol is supposed to make things worse in relation to your ears.

I just wanted to know does anyone else get the fatigue from eustachian tube dysfunction, and has anyone else found that alcohol actually makes you feel better rather than worse?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

With Eustachian Tube dysfunction and bouts of vertigo (BPPV) I don't find that fatigue is a particular problem. However, alcohol does influence. If I drink beer, I get earache, which is less severe if I am drinking weiss beer. I also find that I can alleviate the pain by taking high dose vitamin C tabs. I discovered this from an internet post and have no idea why it works. I also find that I don't suffer from earaches if I drink wine or spirits, and I sleep better if I have had a moderate amount of red wine (up to 2 glasses) or spirits (1 glass). This might be very specific to individuals, but we are all learning from each other's experiences, and my experience may be helpful. Wishing you restful nights and less vertigo.

• Posted

thanks, I'll be down the supermarket buying some vitamin c in a bit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.