Eustachian tube dysfunction or something more serious

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all I have had Eustachian tube problems for over 2 months ever since an upper respiratory infection with head pressure. My ears are popping and crackling every time I swallow or yawn. I have been to the ENT and they found no infection or hearing loss. I am having very unpleasant discomfort in the back of my neck and around the ears. It’s like a burning and prickling pain in the back of my neck. My ears sometimes have intermittent sharp pains and sometimes my ear lobe hurts. My equilibrium is also off most of the time. The neck pain and prickling is not always noticeable but it has been especially bothersome. I notice it mostly when I am sitting or lying in bed. I also have tinnitus and occasional pressure around the ears. This morning I woke up after lying in bed for many hours and felt light headed like the room was going blank. Then my hearing was dull for about 20 seconds, I could barely hear and felt strange. My hearing returned but I still have this burning or prickling in my neck that comes and goes. Is this pain serious? I find it quite debilitating and bothersome. It makes it difficult to concentrate. I do not want to go to the ER but I feel like I am slowing dying and nobody can tell me what is wrong.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You may want to go to your doctor and get an xray done of your cervical neck. Sometimes a problem with C2, C3 disk can cause it and may need an adjustment by an orthopaedic.

NO WORRIES. YOU WILL LIVE. SPEEDY RECOVERY

• Posted

You are not alone at all. I am at the point i dont know what an ent even is useful for. Missed infection as well. Very odd doctoring these days. Can be tmj related. Can be sinus related. Id say get a scan but hard to get one. Mine started after sinus issues as well. So annoying. I keeo popping my ear with the falsva..be careful very lightly because its nit so good for the ears. It still happening, i get theres inflammatiin and i used flonase nothing cured it yet. Such messed uo ear things can haooen. Never knew till the last few months. The worst is when the ent looks at you like your nuts. Or makes a joke about it. Had both done. I always thought the body knew how to heal itself. 
  • Posted

I am so sorry that you are suffering.  I had blocked Eustachian Tubes for three misearable months, they finally cleared after taking multitudes of medication and vitamins.  But I did not have the pain you have.  I understand how hard it is to see an ENT (I'm still waiting!) and to get a scan but I think you must absolutely insist on it, if for nothing else to put your mind at ease xx

• Posted

How did you unblock your fluid in ears? I have had this two weeks and can't take it anymore. Flew home with s cold and bronchitis which started this. Nontuvesbplease. Stop using the nose sprays as it was drying my nose out. Tell me what you did please as I'm tired of hearing my own voice when I talk and the muffled sound. Thanks. I'll look fir your answer. smile

• Posted

Alexia how are you? Please share how you managed to beat ETD with vitamins and medications! Many on these forums have found no such releif.
    • Posted

I havs been suffering for 6 months running FROM ent to ent. Pleass help with your regime

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.